Elevator Forum

MCE Terminal Emulat...
 
Notifications
Clear all

MCE Terminal Emulator Software on Laptop

26 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
27.8 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26385]
Has anyone tried to put the terminal emulator software for IMC CRTs on a laptop? Motion sent me to Ericom website but couldn’t give me much more info. The only Emulator on there that matched one of the ones listed in the original Computer Peripherals manual was WY-370 so I downloaded the trial for that. So far so good. Now I need to convert a 9 pin Dsub to an RJ11 plug. Does anyone know the pin out for this? There is an RJ11 to 25 pin diagram in the back of the old peripherals manual so I think I’m going to try that with a regular 9 to 25 pin adapter only not actually use the adapter, just wire from the 9 pin to RJ11. Any input on this would be appreciated.



   
Quote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Depending on the vintage you probably want Tiger Term/WY-360. I can email you the program and easy to setup.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sure, that would be great. What about the DB9 to RJ-11 pin out? And have you got it to work with a USB to serial adapter?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm interested in this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pm me your email. Yes I does work with USB adapter.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I sent you fellas a Dropbox file



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I got the DB9 female to RJ11 cable from MCE today. For anyone who’s interested, here’s the pin out.

RJ11 pin 2 to DB9 pin 3, RJ11 pin 3 to DB9 pin 2, RJ11 pin 5 to DB9 pin 5. Then pins 4, 6, & 8 are jumped together on the 9 pin end.



   
ReplyQuote
(@United)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Would like to have a copy of tigerterm too if anyone can share.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/34rz... 5ThoXxOJwEJ2cM_ekN_wj5dmYJVRWjG&sm=1



   
ReplyQuote
(@United)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you Turbo6



   
ReplyQuote
(@Maston)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just sent a request



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks Turbo6



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Has this worked for you guys? Meaning you have tested on controller



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I haven’t got a chance to try yet



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top