Elevator approaches terminal landing, slowdown and level are ok. It begins door opening cycle (no pre door). Car door open's at full speed, stops at halfway point in the opening cycle, and then reverses to a full speed close cycle (scanner edge is positively ineffective). The door then closes fully.
Job particulars: 11 story passenger elevator. 2001-2002 vintage MCE IMC-MG controller with an associated GAL MODL operator (single speed, horizontal slide. opens to left standing inside the elevator). Tritronics scanner edge.
I have not seen this happen but two trusted, intelligent people in the building have. I have my thoughts but don't want to contaminate the thought process. So what do you guys think? Any input is appreciated.
But if the door zone went low, then the doors would shut right away, w/o pausing for door time.
Does this job have vanes and mag switches for door zone, or a tape reader? Once I saw a car with vanes, where when the doors were opening, the car doors shifted enough weight from one side to the other, that the cab moved away from the vane, and door zone would dissapear during the door cycle.
So; why does the door open half-way, then immediately close without effect from the detector or door open button? No door zone input!
The MCE LQUT and L(something) are notorious for having poor hall-effect sensors. Mostly, they are just loose. They require tightening or replacing. Also, the factory wiring on the landing systems leaves something to be desired. Check for wires that are crimped on the insulation.
First, though, I should ensure that the rascal is not flopping in the breeze. If the triac goes, the fault would be consistent.
Hope this helps. Schindler, Toronto, Canada.
What was the answer to this problem?
are otis controls the only one that actually stops the car electrically before dropping the brake?
are otis controls the only one that actually stops the car electrically before dropping the brake?
It doesn't sound like you are kidding...
The only traction elevators I know of that stopped on the brake were the old ac units from long ago. I don't know of any modern manufacturer that stops on the brake. Some have timers that must be adjusted, to ensure the brake is set before the drive turns off. The release of brake switch may trigger the shutdown of the drive, but I'm not familiar with everything on the planet, so others may chime in here.