Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kone monospace

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,453 Views
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39085]
Hello. I have Kone Monospace elevators, manufactured in 2019, with LCECPU 561 and firmware version 9.1.7.60. Sometimes, there are short voltage surges in the building, and after that, the car command buttons stop working. The call buttons still work. There are no error messages, and Elink doesn’t show any errors either. A person calls the elevator, enters the cabin, and cannot leave or travel because the command buttons are not working. The elevator only recovers after a reboot.

I also have older Kone elevators from 2006, and they don’t have this issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can’t influence the building’s power supply.



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can't add surge protection? Sounds like that's what you need. Might be worth purchasing power logging data meters and leaving it on so you can have solid data of what happens.

Number one question, do these cars have Isolation transformers in the machine rooms? If not add them. I do think most ecospaces do have them in the controllers though



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Because if this is a power issue, I can almost guarantee your getting billed for the elevator company coming out. Your better off putting money into a solution



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like the MUL is online but the power hit locks it up until a full reset, I would have the building address their issue.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I don’t know exactly what’s happening with the electricity — whether the voltage is rising, dropping, or disappearing completely for a second. Sometimes I can see the lights in the building go off and back on for a second, and after that, problems with the elevators start.

I understand that the issue is related to the electricity and that this needs to be addressed, but the terminal administration can’t do anything about it. This is one terminal of a large airport in Europe.

I’m just surprised that the older elevators don’t have this issue, and I wonder if the same can be done with the new elevators.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah, I guess the problem is in the new MUL board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have added delay-on timers to a lot of KCMs because of power issues both causing the RAM to be lost and damaging boards. Adding a 5 second delay in the power to XM16 on the CPU makes a quick drop look more like a clean power cycle to the controller. Of course this wouldn’t help if your problem is power surges but since lights flicker I’d guess it’s drops in voltage.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Could you explain in more detail what exactly you did with the power supply on the CPU? How can I add 5 seconds delay in the power to XM16?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We were using TK part number 9739981 but any 2 pole relay controlled by a delay-on timer would work. Timer control powered from 230vac at LCEREC X3/2 to X3/4. That’s the secondary of the main control transformer that comes right off the mains. 1 relay contact interrupts XM16/1 (car 24vdc) and the other contacts interrupts XM16/3 (controller 24vdc)
You could use any 230vac relay with the coil wired to LCEREC X3/2 and X3/4 and an Artisan timer in series.
Specifically it was the COB24 cards in the COP that were failing pretty regularly on some Resolve cars when the power hiccuped.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for the detailed response. That’s a good idea. I’ll try it on one of the elevators. I’m not sure how the elevator will behave if the power is cut off for 5 seconds while it’s moving. Right now, the elevators reach the exact stop position, and people exit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the power drops enough to drop out that relay I’m sure the thing is coming to an emergency stop. With timer it’ll just take 5 more seconds to recover. If what you’re seeing isn’t enough to stop the car in flight but still locks something up you really really need to get a good 3 phase power logger on it. You might even need something more like a real power quality analyzer.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top