Elevator Forum

Otis 211 selector i...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 selector issue?

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,940 Views
(@mrob8705)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39074]
Hey yall,

I have an Otis 211 that was having intermittent FLRP issues and shutting down. Turned out that the magnets were curling off the tape and causing the issue. We glued the magnets and the problem went away for several weeks then happened again once. We went on site and cleaned the tape, checked the guides, and blew the selector head out but the owner was inquiring why it went down again. We told him it had the potential to be a dead magnet, debris in the head, or there could be an intermittent selector board issue but we should wait to see if it happens again and try and troubleshoot further. Owner was insistent on purchasing a board. So we did and went to change it and it's completely dead. Not recognizing any magnets or lighting any LEDs. Because it was working before we put the old board back in. It worked correctly for a few runs and started over shooting the floors and giving a RELD fault. The tech removed the board and inspected it and could find no issues. We've checked all the wiring across the car top. Re checked the tape and magnets all multiple times. The units is reading the magnets it's just not stopping at the floor correctly. Turned the unit off over night and came today and powered it on and it leveled right up to the floor and was working correctly at every floor for 5 or so runs. Then it started acting up and shutting down with the RELD fault again. Anybody have any thoughts?



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you taken a look at the valve? Otis typically uses the Maxton UC4. Look at the LS adjuster that the hash mark and dot are aligned and the three allen screws on the clamping collar are tight. Sizing of the valve could be goofed up too. If things change when the unit starts making runs, and you’ve exhausted efforts on the selector, the valve could be culprit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would definitely check the valve, but I would have someone run the car and I'd watch the blue tool to see where DZ and RELU are going high but not RELD I. The down. If you can isolate it to one spot I'd check the length and lane alignment of that floors magnet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd watch inputs off the blue tool in comparison to the selector board. Also could be weak magnets. Might want to try replacing them



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It cooooould be the valve. But it's rarely an adjustment issue on a car that's been in service and running for years. If this was a new install I'd be checking the valve alot more. I'd start by seeing if your getting the proper inputs on the tool. Then work from there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with EElevator. I don't think the valve is magically going out of adjustment and then going back to normal. But their could be debris in it. A easy troubleshooting is to change out floor magnets at 2-3 floors and run the sit out of it to those floors and see if it faults. Magnets are cheap and it's pretty fast to change out.

Last edited by Bowtiedrooster16; 02/27/25 02:17 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@mrob8705)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey everybody. Thanks for the replies. Turns out the original selector board had an intermittent issue that we made worse by removing it. We've since got a working replacement and the unit is back up and running.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ahhh good deal. Your week long headache is over. Now on to the next nightmare.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top