Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/12/2019 1:52 pm
Hello all, I’ve been working on a 3 stop KCM831 with a KDL16L drive.
About every two weeks I will find the car 4 inches above top landing on final. Only error shown in fault log is 21. I have found a little oil on the tach wheel that’s on the motor. Could this be a possible cause?
About every two weeks I will find the car 4 inches above top landing on final. Only error shown in fault log is 21. I have found a little oil on the tach wheel that’s on the motor. Could this be a possible cause?
Any other ideas as to why I’m only logging a safety fault?
The only write up I have for this controller are the error codes. If anyone has any other write the may be able to help. I would be greatly appreciative.
And how would one go through properly cleaning oil on the sheave. I don’t have an access door to the motor. And with the motor in the shaft, I’m limited to the amount I can clean from the car top.
18/12/2019 9:19 pm
Check your brake springs. You should be able to move the washer under the springs. They should be finger movable.
18/12/2019 11:46 pm
It could well be your brake check function on the KDL16L I’ve had the same problem, the KDL checks the brake pods individually, and if one is not holding, it can jump onto the final limit, you can set this to check every 5 mins to see if it’s that! Menu 6-30 & set to 2, then watch lift at top floor, turn landing calls off first, it seems like she’s to wait.
It will probably be set to 6-30-1 that’s once a day, let us know how you get on
It will probably be set to 6-30-1 that’s once a day, let us know how you get on
Dave
19/12/2019 1:36 am
In NA 6-30 should be set to 0. Check if 6-12 is a 1, set to 0 if so. 6-99 to 1 to save.
19/12/2019 5:11 am
It’s interesting that the I/O status shows the car level at the floor when safe opened. Does this car have buffer switches? Maybe no runby or the final way too low.
Topic starter
19/12/2019 6:19 am
Thank you, will try that tomorrow. what exactly is parameter 6-30? I don’t have any other manuals besides the error codes.
Topic starter
19/12/2019 6:26 am
Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
It’s interesting that the I/O status shows the car level at the floor when safe opened. Does this car have buffer switches? Maybe no runby or the final way too low.
I honestly haven’t been inside the pit yet. It’s a recent pickup from Kone. But that’s something I will look into. I have checked the height of the final. It’s a two car bank with an open shaft. Both cars finals are at the same height and I haven’t had any problems with the other car yet.
19/12/2019 6:32 am
Brake Test. We don’t use it here.
20/12/2019 1:50 am
Ahh right I take it you’re in the USA no worries hope ya sort it
Dave
Dave