Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
06/04/2022 6:08 am
Hoping someone can help me with this interesting issue. We have an 8 car group with 3 hall risers only had the job for about 6 months. At some point during our cat 5 testing we noticed that one of the hall risers stopped working. Started getting 1402-1406 faults but not 1401 & 1407 which are terminal landings. We lost shaft comm. checked the riser node boards and checked all connections, nothing conclusive. Had a REAL hard time trying to do a shaft setup but got it done and LON down load to boot. Shaft comm. is back, still no riser but the car tied to the riser responds to the other risers in the group but can't set hall calls from the CPU for that car! Menu 4-1 shows 0, normal operation. All cars have CAN modules and working correctly according to the led's on the top of them. The gateway looks to be normal compared to the other cars. This group does have a blue box group controller but it was turned off when we got the job so don't know if that is causing a problem. We are sending it in for repair just in case as it was in fault when we did turn it on. Would hyper term help look at something deeper on this specific car the node boards are tied to? Any and all ideas are welcome.
06/04/2022 6:24 am
Check the car number in group parameter. I even had a duplex where 1 car was not taking calls but those parameters were right. Changed them both, cycled power, then changed them back, cycled power and everything worked.
Topic starter
06/04/2022 6:26 am
Thanks Indirtwetrust. I will try that and see what we get.
Topic starter
27/04/2022 7:01 am
Ok, so thought we had it fixed. corrected car numbers in group because we had 3 cars with the same number. Hall riser is working intermittently now. nothing consistent. No faults in the car the riser is tied to. Connected with hyper terminal and checked the hall nodes, showed no errors. Not sure where to go from here. Beginning to think it may be the blue box group controller that was off and faulted when turned on. Anyone have any other ideas?
08/03/2023 11:53 am
Having something similar to you. KCM 831. Was a bitch to get the shaft communication back but I finally got it. I have no car faults but the car only takes calls from inside the car or from the controller. Won’t answer my landing buttons. Did you ever get a concrete resolution to yours? Oh and it’s looking like we have lost the EPROM in the CPU40 because I lose the shaft setup every time I power off.
But it’s be nice to get it running for them while they wait for replacement board for the EPROM.
But it’s be nice to get it running for them while they wait for replacement board for the EPROM.
Topic starter
08/03/2023 9:36 pm
Hello Phieffer. I believe we finally did resolve our issue. We rotated the CAN module to another car and the hall riser worked again. Initially we were told by Kone Spares that the CAN modules were not available any longer but turns out not true(depends on who you talk to at Kone Spares). So we ordered a new CAN mod and been working for a few months now.
Yeah, I have found some of the KCM's are very touchy when it comes to getting the shaft setup done.
For your hall call issue. Check your battery in the cartop box. If that gets low it will keep the car from answering hall calls but it should have spit out a fault. Had that before when left a car powered off for several days.
09/03/2023 8:59 am
Yeah, I did end up having to change the car top battery but you're right it spits out a fault (01 69). I got it running today but because it loses the shaft set up, I was also losing my group paramaters. So today I started by doing a LON download, cycling power, then doing my group parameters (1-50, 1-51, 1-54, and 1-55) to the correct values and then doing the shaft set up. Took me 3 trys but it eventually all stuck and is running normally, just cant be powered off until RAM is ready to be done.