Elevator Forum

Kone E-5000 Escalat...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone E-5000 Escalator Step Chains

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,364 Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#16768]
Hi Group,

Looking for write up for changing step chains on E-5000 escalator.

Thanks and All Work Safe,

Jim



   
Quote
 Boa
(@Boa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't have any on service, but be aware there was an safety alert on these units. The step track weldmont can be defective allowing lateral movement.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm with Boa, Kone has been going around fixing them all over. I believe it was a lawsuit. Also the lower carriage likes to get hung up, not putting tension on the chains. As far as the step chain replacement, I don't have a write up but I did it once. You pretty much take the upper end apart above the stepband, including the walk-on not the glass though, and install the chain from top down 5 axles at a time. Make sure you hold the lower end of the chain up with 2 ratchet straps so it doesn't travel down the incline. Break chain, making sure not to let it come off the bull gear, remove old, install new, re-attach, rotate unit and repeat. Work safe.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks You Guys



   
ReplyQuote
(@chicago)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It not that hard of job if your a real escalator mechanic.
Please be careful with information we give out.
The Chicago Transit Authority has eletricians doing escalator work, they are clueless and very dangerous. I heard they post here on blog.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top