Elevator Forum

Kone 831 hydro top ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone 831 hydro top floor leveling issue

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
11.4 K Views
(@Norcan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21873]
3 stop front only. When car travels to top floor it always lands perfectly level. As doors open and car is stopped the elevator decides to level up about 1" and back down to within 1/4" from perfect level. This happens intermittently with or without a load and only at top floor. When this happens at controller I see it not seeing 61 N even though I know it should because car is always perfectly level. It never is below level. DBG is good,tape is aligned properly, sees 77 U every time. I've ruled out valve because it would have this problem going up to a different floor. I've set floor flags so that fine floor adjustments don't even need to be made. I've done hoistway learn and decel learn several times with no fix. Never records a fault.

I'm not one to ask for help but....HELP!!!



   
Quote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you replaced your reed switchs ? Sounds like you may have a flaky one. probably 61n. Also how are the guide shoes, and cab steadiers. When the door opens weight can shift causing car to miss level. let us know.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Norcan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Job has tape and bar reader. The only mag switch is for 77 U (up decel) witch it sees every time. There is no play in stabilizers or slippers. Job is 6 months old. 61 N is inside the bar reader so I'm going to change it out and go from there. I'm thinking maybe electrical noise mabey. So I'm going to reroute the wiring to the bar reader and make sure it's grounded well.

Thanks for quick reply and I will post my results

Gotta love throwing darts in the dark



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
just a thought, could it be a travel cord wire?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
just a thought, could it be a travel cord wire?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Traveler is kind of the only thing that makes sense to only happen at the one floor. I could see noise causing an input to go high unexpectedly but not low. I think I'd like to sit up on the car top with a meter.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sitting on top of the car with a meter on that junk, you may end up stuck there. Make sure you can get hold of someone to rescue you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya I meant with another mechanic running the car.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Norcan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Found problem. This job was had a mod done on it 6 months ago. The mod crew left two pails of oil on site. The pails look identical other then one pail is aw32 hydraulic oil and the other one says Transmission fluid!!

Never ASSUME or you'll make an ASS out of U and ME.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not to say that isn't a problem, but if the car is stopping level like you said, how is the oil causing it to level up?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We often added transmission fluid to 32 hydro oil, when there was hard break away problems. I wouldn't pronounce this fixed based on finding some tranny fluid in the M R



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top