Elevator Forum

KCM831 with KDM Dri...
 
Notifications
Clear all

KCM831 with KDM Drive

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.6 K Views
(@travator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#16499]
Hello, I have a KCM831 with KDM on service. Having an issue with elevator intermittently going down on a 106 - 1064 subcode. The problem is intermittent but happening often. Seems to mainly be happening after a run. Anyone have any experience with this fault? Thanks in advance.



   
Quote
 BRG
(@BRG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I didn't see a 1064 subcode listed on the kdm error log. I will look into the other literature I have. Sure it's a kdm?



   
ReplyQuote
(@travator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes it is a KDM. My book says movement risk during start or stop sequence. The only thing that I can come up with is a problem with the brake module, but I can't pinpoint anything.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check the Brakes and make sure the center nut is loose enough to move the flat washer by hand.



   
ReplyQuote
(@travator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Both brakes look good.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi,
You could try monitoring the output voltage from the brake unit to the pods under load, around 200vdc if I'm correct? The brake units do fail, but it usually a relay contact going HR easily fixed and not to expensive if you can do it yourself, I've done quite a few, it's worth a try, let us know how you get on.

Dave



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had this problem and changed the brake module board to fix it,could also check ur tach and encoder any little movement will bring up the fault



   
ReplyQuote
(@travator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks to everyone for the input. Actually had to replace the brake module board twice to get the problem taken care of. Guess we got a bad new board. Thanks again!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top