Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kcm831

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.6 K Views
 Meno
(@Meno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34758]
Getting a f0001 fault intermittently. I already replaced the 30 sensor on the car top, I don’t really want to start throwing boards at this thing just wondering if there’s any other ideas or things I could check before I replace boards?



   
Quote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is the elevator moving? If so are you seeing 30,61....etc changing state?
If it's not moving look at that, what other faults do you have (before 01)



   
ReplyQuote
 Meno
(@Meno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That’s the only fault it shows. When I get to site it’s always parked on the 1st floor and f0001 is the only fault. I can reset it and watch everything change state as the car moves the hoistway but it goes down like every other week with the same fault.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElevatorKean)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Man I was hoping we found a solution for the KCM831 Fault 😩

I have a duplex of KCM831s doing the F0001 intermittent issue.

What I’ve done in the past few months:
- ALL NEW Cigar Switches/Sensors
- HW Scan (it extended the intermittent issue from every 2days to every 2wks)

I’m going to call TKE ITS tomorrow and see what they have to say. I’ll come back if they offer something valuable



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElevatorKean)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh also if you flip it to MR Inspection then back to Auto she IMMEDIATELY CORRECTS herself and goes back into service. My Regional Engineer thinks that’s weird because a F0001 fault shouldn’t reset until corrected per HIM



   
ReplyQuote
 Meno
(@Meno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah same thing on mine. MR ins back to normal and it goes right back into service. I have gone through the same steps as you so far but no concrete changes still faults out intermittently. Let me know if kone has any insight….doubtful but ya never know I guess.



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is this elevator a hydro? And if so is machine room/oil getting cold?
If hydro does it have the tape reader selector? Does it have have parking and is it programmed to bottom landing (try change to 2nd landing)



   
ReplyQuote
 Meno
(@Meno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No traction still haven’t resolved the issue just prolonged between the new switches cleaned all magnets and a hoistway scan anyone ever find any more info on this? I’ve found nothing that seems to fix it we’re talking about swapping boards and I really don’t want to just throw boards at it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Fehlerteufel)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is the value of the DTS (Drive Time Supervision)?



   
ReplyQuote
 Meno
(@Meno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have a parameter for dts test time at 7-72 which is set to 28 same as the other car in this building but I don’t see one that just says dts



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is just a thought. Have you checked the washers on the Brakes? You need to be able to move them by hand. Also the dead zone between the cigar switches. And lastly, the distance from the magnet to the switches needs to be at spec. As I recall there was a memo sent out about getting a double change of state if the switch was to close. The fault seems to indicate that the brake is open but the car is not moving.



   
ReplyQuote
(@redeye_smooth)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve been having the exact same problem on 2/3 cars in a three bank. I was told to change the 201:3 contractor at the bottom of the controller. It’s an Allen Bradley K05 300 contractor in my case on a resolve 20c. I will update once I’ve the parts and swapped out.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How many floors is it and is it an Ohio (4:1)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Easystreetblues)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any solution on this issue?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top