Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

KCM 831 Phones

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,136 Views
(@Truegrit2)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#29397]
Anyone have luck installing new ADA phone card and abandoning KONE's buit in phone? What phone did you use? Can it interface with the built in 'call in progress' / 'call received' lights in the cop?

Thanks!



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We just reprogram the Kone phone



   
ReplyQuote
(@NONVISIONWINGS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How do you change the location message?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have to have the customer call Kone for that. And if DTMF programming isn’t enabled.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NONVISIONWINGS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What's the customer going to do when calling Kone? Do they have to prove they are a customer? What is DTMF?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dial Tone Modulation Frequency I think. That’s how dial tones represent numbers. The ability to program it that way can be turned off. I can only remember 2 times we had to change the location message. The first time Kone did it for me, the second time they refused so we told the customer to call them. I don’t think they gave them too hard a time but I wasn’t present for the call.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top