Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
28/05/2026 12:38 am
Hello,
I was called in to work on restoring a 1964 Westinghouse geared traction set. The building owner said they haven’t been able to use the upper floors for tenants for many years, they are trying to make it available for new tenants to move in. Looking at the elevator relay controller, it looks like a Westinghouse ERL controller just by how the selector looks. I’m not sure though because I haven’t worked on a Duplex set of these.
I was called in to work on restoring a 1964 Westinghouse geared traction set. The building owner said they haven’t been able to use the upper floors for tenants for many years, they are trying to make it available for new tenants to move in. Looking at the elevator relay controller, it looks like a Westinghouse ERL controller just by how the selector looks. I’m not sure though because I haven’t worked on a Duplex set of these.
I couldn’t find the exact prints for these controllers, I only found prints for the geared motors. Unless it’s deep in the pile of stuff all over the floor which I have to get back to cleaning.
Let me you what you guys think.
29/05/2026 7:36 am
Is there a data tag fastened on any control cabinet? It would list date of mfg, job #, control model and manufacturer. State I.D. #’s are also posted on the disconnect switches too. That number might be of value if contacting your State Elev. Division for controller model.
But once that’s determined, it’s still finding a set of prints showing dispatching or collective operation.
But once that’s determined, it’s still finding a set of prints showing dispatching or collective operation.
01/06/2026 4:37 am
judging from his instagram and youtube, this guy is an enthusiast not a mechanic.
07/06/2026 2:45 am
Leo is probably 15 years old and he has no business being in the machine room or near the controller.
09/06/2026 6:34 am
Yeah I’m suspect myself, but he does say in his bio he’d like to work for (I think he said-) KONE one day. So all light flaming aside he’s got an interest in our trade and just maybe one day his dream will come true.
Notice he hasn’t been back.
Sometimes we just don’t know the motives behind some obscure post searching for answers and I concur on this that it’s not an IUEC mechanic, helper etc, but rather a visitor looking to scratch that itch. In any event, we’re careful what to divulge in an open forum, but to direct someone to find answers which puts them in a position to truly search to discover nothing technical, is ok. We’ve had those types here before like building owners looking for advice good or bad, or what can I do to get past my problem which we know the answer to that. (Usually they’ll get rebuffed and sent on their way).
Notice he hasn’t been back.
Sometimes we just don’t know the motives behind some obscure post searching for answers and I concur on this that it’s not an IUEC mechanic, helper etc, but rather a visitor looking to scratch that itch. In any event, we’re careful what to divulge in an open forum, but to direct someone to find answers which puts them in a position to truly search to discover nothing technical, is ok. We’ve had those types here before like building owners looking for advice good or bad, or what can I do to get past my problem which we know the answer to that. (Usually they’ll get rebuffed and sent on their way).
30/06/2026 8:18 am
It is a Westinghouse duplex 6-stop, but not an ERL