Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
28/05/2026 11:06 am
Hello,
I am having issues troubleshooting this strange issue with a duplex 1964 Westinghouse 2BC-ERL. When I flip all of the necessary switches to make the elevator run (Motor Generator, Doors, etc), I go down to the 6th floor to call it, it registers, but doesn't dispatch an elevator. In fact, the elevator was sitting on the floor I was on. I tried a lot of different methods and I can't seem to fix the problem.
I am having issues troubleshooting this strange issue with a duplex 1964 Westinghouse 2BC-ERL. When I flip all of the necessary switches to make the elevator run (Motor Generator, Doors, etc), I go down to the 6th floor to call it, it registers, but doesn't dispatch an elevator. In fact, the elevator was sitting on the floor I was on. I tried a lot of different methods and I can't seem to fix the problem.
What do you think I could do to fix this?
29/05/2026 7:21 am
If it’s a new to you job on your route, have your salesman push it onto the building owners. After all, it’s their equipment. Sounds tough, but 1964? C’mon.
If your office can’t find prints or the building maintenance doesn’t have possession, go to the next step and divorce yourself from the issue.
Without drawings, well, your SOL right? Even the seasoned TS is helpless without drawings on vintage equipment.
You can service anything, but you can’t fix everything.
Is it a complete dispatch failure or just floor 6 for one or the other car? Shutting off one car frees the other to dispatch, or no? Does this duplex have fire recall Ph.1 only?
Nothing written on any controller cabinet door? Or a wall? Some clue somewhere?
If not, there aren’t too many choices left for your customers 60 year old equipment except MOD with plenty of suffering in the meantime if the building is getting busy. You posted a few days ago for anyone having prints…crickets so far on that one.
If your office can’t find prints or the building maintenance doesn’t have possession, go to the next step and divorce yourself from the issue.
Without drawings, well, your SOL right? Even the seasoned TS is helpless without drawings on vintage equipment.
You can service anything, but you can’t fix everything.
Is it a complete dispatch failure or just floor 6 for one or the other car? Shutting off one car frees the other to dispatch, or no? Does this duplex have fire recall Ph.1 only?
Nothing written on any controller cabinet door? Or a wall? Some clue somewhere?
If not, there aren’t too many choices left for your customers 60 year old equipment except MOD with plenty of suffering in the meantime if the building is getting busy. You posted a few days ago for anyone having prints…crickets so far on that one.
04/06/2026 11:56 pm
Sounds like you should call an actual elevator company. You are having an issue that is way out of your league. Stick to being a youtube music video "creator" and leave elevators to the professionals. Elevators can kill you, youtube can't.
05/06/2026 12:26 am
Instagram and you tube huh? Sure enough.
Well, got me on that one.
I hope your interests and passions with “elevators” will lead you to actually join the pursuit of hundreds of young men and women who’d love to gain membership to one of the, if not thee best union trades in the construction service repair world…an IUEC member.
Well, got me on that one.
I hope your interests and passions with “elevators” will lead you to actually join the pursuit of hundreds of young men and women who’d love to gain membership to one of the, if not thee best union trades in the construction service repair world…an IUEC member.
19/06/2026 11:15 am
Your taking on a lot of liability if your going into the controller and flipping switches… Please stop trying to fix an elevator if your not a licensed elevator mechanic.
06/07/2026 8:55 am
Leo, your enthusiasm for the industry is awesome, but please leave the mechanical work to actual licensed technicians.
I watched a video on your YouTube channel of you flipping the power to (assumingly) the same elevators you are asking for help on, and it appears that the building they are located within is not occupied, therefore there is a pretty obvious reason why the elevators were powered down. Share your passion by appreciating the work done throughout the industry, not by putting yourself and others at risk by attempting to handle equipment you are obviously not licensed to work on.