Elevator Forum

Installing Maxton o...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Installing Maxton on an old Otis

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.6 K Views
(@VerticalTechNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14867]
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or cheat sheet for putting a Maxton valve on an older Otis that didn't use two up valves.



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The cheat is wire both valves in parallel to run up full speed and leave it as a down leveling unit. Thats how it was installed originally why change it now.



   
ReplyQuote
(@VerticalTechNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Was trying to see if maybe there was an easy way to make up leveling work to make the ride a little better as a bonus.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It is a pain, you have to add switches in the hoist way and leveling relays. The Maxton is more stable, if you adjust the valve right it will be much smoother than the old valve and barley noticeable as a down leveling unit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@VerticalTechNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah, its been awhile since I did one of these old 3 coil Otis conversions. This thing will still be a lot nicer than what it was with the Maxton and soft starter. Thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@VerticalTechNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Only screw up was that Unitec built the new power unit using the sales number and everything was correct except for the valve solenoids came 120vac and were supposed to be 120vdc. My bad as I assumed (we all know what happens when you assume) that Unitec/Otis using their own original build info would get the coils right and I never checked it on the quote. I checked everything else but that. Luckily I had four of them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with Greenpants. Either do as he says or Mod it. Way to much gingerbread and liability for your own design.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Justintime)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If it were a 2 stop you could do it very easily by adding a slowdown switch that will drop out your high speed cool......more than two stops and I agree with the recommendation to change the controller



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top