Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

IMS dmcfast issue

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,918 Views
 Meno
(@Meno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33684]
I’ve tried multiple different dmc controllers clc and selectors with the ims dmcfast tool I switch my ports and am using the orange cable provided but all the program ever says is no response from device anyone else have issues with this program or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Meno; 08/16/22 08:28 PM.


   
Quote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is it a world DMC fast tool? You say Ims.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I assume this is the old DMC-1 program that’s associated with IMS on an “eBay” laptop. There are a lot of things that can keep that program from connecting. First you have to have a real 9 pin serial port on the laptop, no USB adapters. Then the switch to 485 and the comm port should say ACPI in device manager. And ya, Orange cable. The program only works up to Windows 7 but was never intended to work on anything but XP. Make sure the program is set to comm 1 for your native serial port. I’ve seen this program patched in a way that allows it to open but never connect like you’re describing and when I got it working on Windows 7 it would open and not connect until you clicked faults. Then the faults would show up and you could go back to status and everything worked.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have had this happen on one of our laptops. A mechanic had stuck it on a DMC without switching the com port over to acpi and the com port itself was messed up. Had to fix the com port on the laptop then all was well.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top