Elevator Forum

HELP SCHINDLER SMAR...
 
Notifications
Clear all

HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL

29 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
72 K Views
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You say you are NOT the one doing the work...they why doesnt the person who IS come and ask the questions!!!
and I dont understand you say they are SCHINDLER people but only install ThyssenKrupp equipment???

Last edited by kiwinightstalker; 10/04/14 10:06 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds fishy to me too. If he had a licensed elevator technician working on his elevator, he wouldn't be on here asking for info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
coriice,

I have been in this industry for a long time. To my knowledge, only Schindler personnel INSTALL Schindler. 3 of the big 4 will not allow others to install their elevator. Thyssen will allow it through Vertical Express (Vertex -- I think they changed their name again, I don't know). In other words, any third party installer / elevator company with a Vertex account (which we have) can by a Thyssen package, Thyssen tac controller with on screen display, and have a complete elevator to install. With that said, I don't understand how you can say your guy installs Schindler elevators but mostly handles Thyssen? I've been doing this for awhile and I don't think that is possible. If it is, let me know how it is. I am a lifelong learner and maybe can learn something new. But remember I deal with these 4 companies on the parts and troubleshooting side every day. I know certain people from each company very well.

Now, to try to help you. A Schindler Smart needs someone with special diagnostic tools to diagnose it....depending on the software. You'll have to buy any part(s) through someone (Adams or Shindler, Shindler owns Adams) and I don't think they are going to sell it to you without being a licensed elevator company, insurance, licensed techs, etc.



   
ReplyQuote
(@coriice1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Finally, someone who isnt being suspicious for nothing.

Thank you for the diagnostics manual for the Smart MRL 002 Schindler elevator.
I will contact the guy with the information. I think this will be enough information to solve the problem.

Thank you very much.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Coriice,
You use the words suspicious and assumption to describe us. And yet no one has labeled you.

You have been honest saying you are a building owner and not a mechanic of any sort. And good for you for doing so. It shows character.

However, I stand by the line I've drawn. To give this information to you is dangerous, reckless and irresponsible. I'm sure you tried Schindler first. And I have no doubt they wouldn't provide you with these materials. They have learned from this mistake already. Just walk into their legal department and ask if it's ok to give out!

I can only hope the person who gave you this information realizes the hazards after reading this post.

Again I wish you the best of luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@coriice1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi Alex 75,

Update!!!!!
Our Schindler Smart MRL 002 Elevator had a few communication problems. We received the F1 error because of the inverter. The drive was not turning on. We cleaned the contacts and it is functioning again. However, the control board has power going to it but it isn't turning on. The technician guy suggested we get a new control board, we are in the process of doing that now.

By the way I forgot to mention our Schindler Elevator is a european brand and not US brand. Schindler USA does not install such small elevators as the one we have. The technician who assisted us used to be an agent for Schindler USA, he is an agent for thyssenKrupp americas right now. Because the initial installers only gave us the electrical schematics and not the manuals I came on here for assistance. (The original elevator installer is no longer in a position to give us service)

The drive is now communicating with the main board, but there is no communication with the control board so the car is unable to move.

Hopefully we will get through. However if we don't, the second option I am considering is making the elevator non-proprietary.

Just wanted to give you an update.

Thanks!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev8ed1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"How to supply?" What the hell does that mean? I'd like to see a "mechanics only" section. That would clear things up a bit. It might still be abused, but at least I could automatically assume I'm helping other trained professionals when asked as long as I'm in that section.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ThyssenKrapp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sound like your Vacon drive board is up the shoot

You can buy a recon drive from NDC



   
ReplyQuote
 koss
(@koss)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sure it's called a Smic board,,,by memory,,,if a red fault led is on on the board,,,it is kaput! Does sound like its gone,,common fault on schindler mrls over here,,



   
ReplyQuote
(@coriice1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The vacon drive came back online. Its the board with the two relays which has gone offline now.



   
ReplyQuote
(@coriice1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The SDIC board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ThyssenKrapp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes we purchased an SDIC board recently

Think it was about �700.00



   
ReplyQuote
(@lifer65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The sad truth is that the most important questions you need to ask about elevators are the questions you ask before you purchase one. The big guys don't want you to know for two reasons, liability, and it keeps you coming back. That's how they make their money.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Timothy A. Jones)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good day.
I'm running through this post and I'm currently in the same situation where the Vacon drive registered error 1 after heavy rainfall. I'm a experienced trained lift technician who worked on many Schindler elevators over 13 years but this is the first time I came across the Schindler Smart 002 MRL Euro Lift and I'm in need of the electrical schematics and error index and also any relevant info that I may need to reinstall a drives and properly recommission the elevator. Can anyone help me in this aspect. It would be greatly appreciated.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top