Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gen 2 cat 1 test

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,182 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#19520]
Does anyone have cat 1 testing procedures for gen 2 ?



   
Quote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have a service tool ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't have a write up as such but know the tests ( at least the ones we do ) . Off the top of my head and early so if anything wrong please feel free to correct me ...
Plug in the tool and capture the car one below top by turning into controller inspection . Remove plug J4 from the ring card board. Plug service tool into motion control board and turn controller inspection to normal . You now can move the car through GTN commands ( M2-1-2 ) remember when in commands ground floor becomes zero , floor above 1 etc.... I do NTSD tests first . Enter M2-2-5-1 on the tool to enter safety test press goon until you come to stop comp ( 2nd setting in menu I think) change to disable , goon until you get to setting NTSD dynamic , change to disable . Go back to M2-1-2 and send the car to ground (0) . The car should stop at an accelerated rate and be within door zone . ( check on spb ) . Repeat these steps in the up direction .that is NTSD static test. Next repeat the whole procedure but this time disable NTSD static instead of dynamic ( make sure you still disable stop comp point) . Again should stop in DZ in both directions .
For the governor and safety test place the car one or two from top floor and place in controller inspection , go ito safety tests on the tool M2-2-5-1 and go go on to setting car gov trip . Enable that . Short out the governor switch ( 19- I forget , on drawings . ) and use controller inspection to go down . Press gov trip button and hold in for a while until it stops because of the plank switch (SOS ) then short out plank switch 74-75 ( check on drawings ) and drive down until lose traction or more likely fault out the drive . Drive car back up from controller inspections and remove shorts . Go back to service tool M2-2-5-1 and goon to car gov reset , enable it , press and hold gov trip button and check 'c' relay picks . If not you need to really the shorts so you can travel up on car top to manualy reset the governor.
For the buffer tests I use a piece of 2x 4 about three feet long and drive the car on to the timber on top of the buffers from controller inspection and with no one in hoistway. The buffer switch will stop it , next short put the respective buffer switches for car or counterweight and drive through until stop. The move var back up( Or down for c/w) and make sure the buffers return to correct position within 30 seconds.
That's all the tests we do in my jurisdiction ..dont think you have to do UCM test annually ? The Inspector here also likes you to demonstrate MRO here , should have instructions I controller for that if so .
I repeat this is all from memory , before coffee and with two toddlers fighting for my attention so I I have recalled anything wrong I will appreciate being corrected by those more knowledgeable.
Hope this helps

Last edited by pieman; 02/11/17 03:24 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you so much.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top