Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

GE Drive in a TIII

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,592 Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5744]
Im having Stall Overcurrent F18 drive faults on this obsolete drive. This fault is intermittent. Ive gone thru the brake and brake circuit. And its not a brake issue. Brake is picking fine. Checked bearings and those are good. Im gonna pull the power supply board in the back out in the morning and try to clean up the 2 K relays. Anyone had any units with this drive? Any tips or pointers would help. No plans on moding soon so Im gonna be stuck with this problem child so if anyone has any links to any good info reguarding this drive please share.



   
Quote
(@Ibconelson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How intermittent is this problem? You have the F18 but what faults are in the CPU? Have you megged motor or drop tested fields? The Imperial motor is great but may need a little TLC after running almost 30 years.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Its either F18 or F23 on the drive. And 18 faults on my IMS. The problem happened 3 times in 5 days. Its been running fault free for the last 3 weeks.

This job isnt on my route anymore, but any good idea Ill pass them along



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just to be absolutely sure you don't have a brake issue, You might want to take a video recorder and record your monitor screen and look at I/O. You can replay the tape to the time of the fault and see I/O status. You may have an intermittant module.

Parts for this obsolete drive are very expensive. Access Electronics will rebuild this drivs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I found the power supply to be a little low 4.98. I installed a new power supply and set it to 5.2. Found a brake issue BK2 and BK3 did not pick. I swapped PMI 2 over a slot and my brake issue went away. Ive changed routes so I havent heard of any problems with the car since I been gone. It really ate my lunch for a couple weeks.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top