Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

GAL4 issue

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,154 Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36182]
Got a a GAL 4 8-stop that the door won’t open at very intermittently on only the 6th floor. Have checked all the mechanicals on the HW and Car Door linkage and adjusted but car is still doing it. Can’t check signals as it it CAN, not discrete. Called GAL and they said replace travel cable. Anybody had an issue like this or have any ideas on how to fix? It is a hospital unit so they are wanting fixed ASAP
Thanks



   
Quote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Before I put a new T cable on I would swap my door operator wires with other adjacent wires and see if that fixes the problem. Or creates a new problem somewhere else. Concluding bad T cable without prior troubleshooting is a leap. Also see if t cable is hitting divider beams in hoistway. I’ve seen t cables wore thru on newer installations due to this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ok door wont open, but any fault is register ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah DO fault



   
ReplyQuote
(@WarrioR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
the controller has Galileo Software?
cause Galileo show the I/O status when fault happen ,
or you can program a fault recorder and seen the last second of the operation when the fault happen, like IMS recorder



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would most certainly use spares in the traveling cable first before replacing it. And even if you had a bad wire, unless there's physical damage, that's what spares are for, make a note in the cartop box and controller and move on. Either way I'd move the related wires to spares to rule out the traveling cable.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jamest)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Was this a bad operator drive?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top