Elevator Forum

GAL operator on Oti...
 
Notifications
Clear all

GAL operator on Otis 211

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,521 Views
(@Dannyboy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35969]
Can you replace a black belt operator with a GAL MOVFE? Does the black belt have a ring count or serial communication back to controller that would be an issue?



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
211s have a discrete door interface. You can put whatever you want on them.



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
As far as design goes, I wouldn't recommend an MOVFE to replace a black belt. GAL now has a direct replacement for the Otis black belt, which is based on their MONXT model, called OMNI. It's a direct drop-in replacement, and unlike the MOVFE, the power supply is not particular about voltages as long as it's 110-240vac.

Link: https://www.gal.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/OTIS-AT400-BLACKBELT-to-MONXT-OMNI.pdf



   
ReplyQuote
(@Downey93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you know if the monxt conversion kit is compatible with the multi drop AT 400? Part number on the operator controller is one number off , looks like there may be an extra transformer as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've put the Otis glide a on those before and it comes with everything you need including the transformer and all the wiring schematics. It takes like 2 days and you're up and running. The only issue you could have is if you have one of those aru's then you'll have to see what the original door power was



   
ReplyQuote
(@WPeak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
A little bit late, but the MONXT works very well on the 211. I have done several with no issue. As long as you can read the print, moving the I/O wiring is pretty straightforward.



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you've ever worked on a Monarch Nice 900 (or Delta VFD-DD similar). It should be a breeze. MONXT is just a rebranded Nice 900, modified with GAL style wiring. Some params are renamed to GAL specs, but their function is the same as original.

If I had my way though, I'd just put in a Glide A and be done with it. Less bureaucracy (Vantage), better lead times.

Last edited by JJR; 01/29/25 12:06 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top