Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

G.E.N. II

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,051 Views
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5038]
Trying to disguise the title a bit.

Anyways,got one of these babies that after about 20 trips or so,I lose safe,but not safe 1,2,or 3.
Only faults I get are safety circuit opened,S/W opened safety circuit,safe was made unsafe.
Always down at the bottom floor,a few feet from the landing and about 2 foot into the ntb vane.
Safety circuit is fine,door locks are fine.
I would think that if it was coming into the ntb vane to fast,or the sensor for that was going bad,it would show a related fault.

Any ideas?

ETA: it always recovers ,never shuts the unit down.

Last edited by elevatedone; 10/30/12 08:21 PM.


   
Quote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I know all you green pants out there are scared to death on commenting on this,it got me in trouble in the past.
But I don't think pm's can be hacked into.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
On some advice,I replaced an encoder and the MLB board.
Still same problem.
Will look into a possible T.C. problem.
The job is only 6 years old,but still it happens.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yep,it was the traveling cable.
A spot had gotten worn in it from hitting the divider beam and occasionally causing LU and DZ to go active briefly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Fyi, at Kone we replaced flat travelers quite regularly. On brand new jobs.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The Gen2 is a really good product..they have proven themselves as a equipment that very rare will give you a problem..I almost can compare it to the 335,s which after the relay board upgrade was flawless and would run and run without any problems...



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top