Elevator Forum

Freedom Tool - DMC ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Freedom Tool - DMC 1

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,341 Views
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41264]
Freedom Tool - DMC 1

Does anyone know of an alternative to the original Freedom Tool to DMC 1 cable?
Is there a way to build the cable or configure the port to make it work?

Everything works with the original cable,
but if I use the orange cable or any other 485 alternative, the communication shows up as "Present" yet the parameters appear blank
(whereas everything works with the original cable);
I'm trying to save a bit of money since everything from World Electronic is expensive.

thnks

Last edited by NOTIME; 07/05/26 12:28 AM.


   
Quote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe the freedom tool uses a “special interface” for it to work vs the standard orange cable. I use 2 different programs to communicate for DMC and both work well



   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That’s what I figured, but there’s always someone who finds or knows of an alternative.
And while I do have other options for connecting to the DMC, it’s just that I like that software.

thnks



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check your PM



   
ReplyQuote
(@Webpros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yes i can send you info



   
ReplyQuote
(@Webpros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m not 100% sure what you’re trying to do, but if you’re trying to build a cable that connects a RS-232 serial port, to a Dover DMC system, buy these four items from Amazon using the links below. This is how the cable needs to be made.

5-black,
7-brown,
9-red,
11-orange

https://a.co/d/00W4mVkP
https://a.co/d/0bzKffD2
https://a.co/d/0hn6KZRr
https://a.co/d/04FWTFup

If your computer doesn't have the serial port. And you're using a USB to RS232. Converter you don't need to buy. The 4th item, which is just a cable extension.

The orange cable only has two wires and is used specifically to connect to the door operator when using the Door FAST program. It cannot be used to connect to the multi-drop system, selector, or CLC board because those connections require more than two wires.

There is software available online that reconfigures the port on the back of the computer, allowing the orange cable to work properly with the Door FAST program.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for your time and for replying.
The cable you make works very well with the "Fast Tool" software,
but it doesn't work with the "Freedom Tool" software.

What is the software you mentioned that converts the port, and where can it be downloaded?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
He’s just talking about the switch to 485 and switch to 232 batch files that you use with that old DMC-1 FAST program



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top