Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Flt 962 T-4

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.4 K Views
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#22280]
Have a t-4 that we are getting fault 962. made sure sensor is lined up with the vanes. Swapped sensor, and traveling cable wires, power supply, and i/0 board.

Problem happens at top and bottom.

Our job specific prints show modules for etu1-4 and etd1-4 but there are no modules just the i/0 board. The vanes are there at the top and bottom. I ASSUME that the logic counts them when the sensor passes them?

I thought for sure we had the issue pegged with the ECNT/EDET sensor from Banner.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The PMI board you replaced wasn’t full of I/O modules?
Since it does it top & bottom I would replace input modules NDET, NCNT, EDET, ECNT. On the print I’m looking at they are PMI board #1, modules 9, 10, 11, 12.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Where the print shows modules 1-8 on PMI board #1 there are none. That p3 connector is blank also. . We first replaced modules 9-12 on PMI Board #1 and that did not work, when we could not find modules 1-8 on that board, we swapped the entire board. That why I was making the guess the logic using the sensor to count the etu and etd's



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What’s the speed of the car?



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
450



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Today we were back checking it over, and performing the NTsd/etsd signal verification we got two faults of 963 encoder. Again only at the terminal landings. That was at the end of the day. Earlier in the day we were still getting the 962 faults.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have exhausted about everything, do check the travel cable. You could even try switching those wires to shielded pairs. Think there is spare shielded pairs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also try clearing all faults (RFL), then run car, when fault happens before moving car enter FLTN and get info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think we can close this one out.

When we got the 963 faults yesterday, we checked the encoder and everything seemed good.We tried another DSP board today, verified our inputs for enct edet, performed terminal slowdown learns and still same results. It would give a 962 at either terminal. One of the guys found a post on here from WPeak on 7/4/13 with a 960 fault. He had a bad encoder and noise in the edet and enct. He pulled the motor encoder, off checked the coupling and wiped it down, put it back on and it has not faulted out since late this morning. We will replace that encoder to be on the safe side.

Still do not understand why we would get 962 faults from a gov. but what do I know.

Thanks for all the help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I do not think we have ever used the FLTN Rolly, will have to remember that one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's like getting extra info on a Schindler Fault. Had a T-4 once that I found the car going to inspection for a moment because of bad travel cord wire and causing NTS/ETS faults. Travel cord had a gash in it from hitting beam.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Whadafack)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
good find! ive changed drive boards because of the damn encoder.... had an encoder intermittently fail only at contract speed. all drive faults. the motor encoder and gov encoder do cross checking and if they are not within a specific tolerance from each other it does an emergency stop. lesson learned



   
ReplyQuote
(@ZigZach2020)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Rolly
Also try clearing all faults (RFL), then run car, when fault happens before moving car enter FLTN and get info.

Does this truck work with newer TX equipment?? I have tried to quickly tried to login to controller while my mechanic is downstairs talking to building contractors and after I access Error Log I don't know how I would "login" another command to see extra info., aside from the 16-digit numbers below the general Fault Code itself. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top