Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Flashlights

29 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
53.2 K Views
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Your welcome.

I went on Amazon and looked up your new light. I hope they include a disclosure, tanning lotion and sun glasses?

Although that one will not fit in the limited amount of space in my tool pouch, I did find a rechargeable penlight streamlight. That will be the next one I test out. It has a adjustable 70 lumen beam, USB charging cord and a holster.



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think I've found the best flashlight for our industry. Short of being all metal. Has several modes, side light, and magnetic back. I use mine every day.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunwayman-C22C-Dua...=sunwayman+c22c



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Impressive Rodney,
1000 lumens... wow!

The Pelican light runs through the batteries quickly. Currently I'm using the rechargeable streamlight stylus pro with a USB cord. It holds the charge well and is more then ample lighting an area. I think this one may be a keeper!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions...



   
ReplyQuote
(@galaxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I bought a Surefire E2D LED Defender over a year ago. Not a single issue, it is to bright for up close work sometimes, but another click of the button and it goes into lo-beam. Spendy yes, but you get what you pay for



   
ReplyQuote
(@pdq1600)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ive got a ball cap with 4 leds built into the brim. 4 watch batteries and is perfect so can use both hands while troubleshooting.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lizard)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm a streamlight snob. I have 2 poly stingers and a micro single AAA. the stingers are plastic housings (good for the safety gastopo ) the micro is aluminum housing but comes with a pocket clip that also has a clip to mount it on the beak of your ball cap.I also have a streamlight headlight but it eats AAA pretty quick



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just an update, it's been three months and I think I have a keeper.

Streamlight Stylist Pro,

So far it's holding well and the charge last.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We got the ball caps for the guys a couple of years ago and everyone loved them. For fishing, BBQ, Hunting, ect. No one wore then to work though? Guess you have to be a hat guy.....HAAAA



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah, not much of a hat guy myself. Only when we hit really low temps. I like the BBQ usage! Too funny they all share they are using them so creatively. Sounds like you have a good group.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's been a year now. Here are my opinions on the flashlights.

The pelican works well! But, eats batteries too quickly...

The Streamlight stylus pro USB rechargeable has been working great! To this day it holds a charge extremely well, the on/off button has yet t fail and it puts out plenty light.

Thanks for all the recommendations.



   
ReplyQuote
 BRG
(@BRG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I prefer the Pelican 2410 LED. hard plastic......non-conductive.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Do they make a version that is rechargeable?

Also I recommend Wrapping the streamlight flashlight with heat shrink.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have used a Streamlight Strion for 5 years now, I think it is perfect. I also bought the HL version but found it too be too bright and the battery wouldn't last all day with heavy use at that level. I wish they made it in plastic but I don't hold my flashlight with my mouth either, not a germ-a-phobe but I grab that thing with hands covered in crud from hospitals etc. I work for a major and have never been questioned about the metal light.

I also like the Streamlight knucklehead and used it for a year or 2 until I lost it but I no longer carry a big enough bag for that kind of light.

Now for a work light I just wear this little Fluke on my hat. I love it! Not that bright but plenty of light when clipped to my head, it takes a single AAA and I use the Energizer Ultimate Lithium. And it's also a non-contact voltage detector.

http://en-us.fluke.com/products/electrical-testers/fluke-lvd1.html



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
just wanted to close this out!

The streamlight stylus rechargeable flashlight I purchased about 20 months ago has lasted the test of time.

Like the bunny! It's still going...

Thank you



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top