Elevator Forum

Error codes for any...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Error codes for any elevator

114 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
535 K Views
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think he is now on another forum spruking the same stuff!!!. I know what he was trying to achieve BUT still do not believe he was doing all the "tests" he said he was,In my opinion he was just rewriting information and trying to look like he knew more than what he did. And I know from experience the major companies take a very dim view of "information" being freely available, its all about ethics and intellectual property (I know I know please don't shoot the messenger)!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
http://elevatorerrorcodes.blogspot.com

"Since I have not ever had any manuals for fixing the elevators I have had to make notes of all the real life situations on the callouts over the years. I hope my notes and test will help someone in the same situation. My test results can only give You some idea of the real problem in Your elevator troubleshooting. Be safe ! If You are not a elevator professional call one to fix Your elevator! If You have any manuals for elevator troubleshooting please send the manuals to me, thanks."



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: kiwinightstalker
I think he is now on another forum spruking the same stuff!!!. I know what he was trying to achieve BUT still do not believe he was doing all the "tests" he said he was,In my opinion he was just rewriting information and trying to look like he knew more than what he did. And I know from experience the major companies take a very dim view of "information" being freely available, its all about ethics and intellectual property (I know I know please don't shoot the messenger)!!!

its all about ethics and intellectual property ??



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes ethics, as in the thought of making all information freely available, means that same information can and will be freely abused. If some building manager uses your blog to troubleshoot his elevator and dies, will you simply hide behind your line of, get an elevator professional? Will you feel no remorse, or second doubts to posting all this stuff openly?

I can say this about my time in the trade, working for one of the big 4 of course, no information was ever unobtainable. If the information I needed was not readily available I was never expected to do the work. Maybe for the small Indy companies this is different, but I would expect the information that their techs have would cover 85-90% of all they would need, and that remaining 10-15%? That's what friends are for!

Feel free to post away though, will be an interesting read if the big 4 ever care to get involved. Just pray every night that no one ever gets hurt using your incomplete information.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Otis Redding,
Did you read all the threads in this post?

It's my perseption the point many were trying to make was to be responsible on how we share our information.

I like Silly hope that no one is hurt trying to use the information posted here or anywhere else.

If sharing information is important to you, I would hope you would be selective in how and who you share it with. Personally, I read all the post someone has made here when they post asking questions. I like to have a sense that they work in our field before I commit to giving them information. Only then do I choose how I intend to try and help.

I can't stop you from posting information, I can only try and convey why I choose not to!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
He is illegally emulating fault codes without the permission of big four ? Are You serious ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think its a bit odd that "zammy" gets banned , then this Otis Redding pops up spruking the same thing......Me thinks it might be one and the same person!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@TCElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Zammy, jkh is trying to help you . I dont know what state your in or what country
But if your elevator is commercial your going to go to jail when you kill someone.
Just hire someone



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sherlock fucking Holmes !



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is not real..zammy is only testing. And BIG Four is taking measures. I wonder who is who 🙂

Kiwi is from KONE
TCIE is from Otis



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@Otis Redding)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 8
Share:
Scroll to Top