Elevator Forum

Epoch 1 Dispatch Pr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Epoch 1 Dispatch Problem

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,259 Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2533]
I have an Epoch 1 system 5 car group. Car #1 does not respond to the dispatch panel. The indicator lamp on the dispatch panel is not lit for car #1 but is lit for all the other cars. The car #1 controller shows that it is in service, the in service light is on and the available light is on. On the Profile menu, insrv shows no issues and matches the other cars in the group. All I/0 signals match the other cars in the group and appear to be normal. What am I missing here? Any thoughts?

Note: This car has been down for several weeks for motor and generator repairs. Nothing related to dispatching issues.



   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check the TSLT signal coming from the cartop/door operator.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Turn the controller off and re-seat the ribbon connector that comes off the CPU comm board. This is the small piggyback board that is mounted to the CPU card in the B6 panel. I believe these are the same comm boards used with Swift 5000. I just had this issue on another job.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Same board as the 5000 but you have to wire wrap it differently



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
http://vmebusdirect.com/product.php?id=898

8825's was a SBC (Single Board Computer) you could order directly from Intel. You programmed it to interact with I/O. Used on several systems and not just elevators.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0

   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes you are right. I use to encounter the SBC8825 on Millar Industries equipment ie CVT which was a earlier rendition of Swift.
8088 uP at 25Mhz.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Finally got it, it was a bad piggy back comm board and a bad comm chip underneath the comm board. I learned something in this troubleshooting process. It turns out that the CPU board installed in the last car in the group is different then the rest of the boards. All the boards are G01 and the end car is a G02. The GO2 doesn't work well in place of the GO1 board. The problem snuck by me the first time for this reason. I guess I need to pay more attention when swap-tronicing.
Thanks for all the good suggestions and help!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep You're right.. The G02 is for termination of the daisy chain communication. Wait till you get a 6 car group, where guys have been monkeying around and knocked out all the piggy back comm boards...SIGH...

The more I deal with field problems, the more self inflicted wounds I see..

Last edited by Broke_Sheave; 02/11/12 01:56 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I will tell you all one thing i know for sure, there are some smart guys on this forum. :}



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top