Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
09/02/2012 9:38 am
We just inherited a duplex to service. One unit was out of service. The HVM boards were missing. Two of the photo switches were burnt out. We purchased new boards and set them up according to the print. Installed the new photo switches.
The car will run on inspect. But will not respond to a hall call. The car call buttons light but will not hold a call.
The car will run on inspect. But will not respond to a hall call. The car call buttons light but will not hold a call.
Topic starter
09/02/2012 10:25 am
Sorry,
The misses needed me for an important issue! (dish washer needed to be emptied). When a hall call is placed at the 1st floor the PI up arrow lights up. does anyone have any suggestions?
The misses needed me for an important issue! (dish washer needed to be emptied). When a hall call is placed at the 1st floor the PI up arrow lights up. does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jon
09/02/2012 12:19 pm
I used to have a duplex on service, where you had to turn them both off, then turn the lower car # on first, (master? idk), then turn the other one on, then they would both play ball.
If you turned the wrong one on first, they wouldn't dispatch and duplex right.
This of course, is assuming all the basics are covered. Got a service tool?
Topic starter
09/02/2012 2:34 pm
Car 2 runs fine. Car 2 responds to hall calls and car calls. Car 1 will only run on inspection. But I haven't tried to power them both down. We inherited these when our customer purchased the building. We have plenty of other manufactured controllers. These are the first of the Big S. we let our customer know we may not be able to service these. They still wanted us to look at them. Do you have the fast tool from world? If so would you recommend it?
09/02/2012 8:23 pm
I've never heard of an MPHII having a car master issue, MPHI's do. Look at the LED's on the MHC PCB, make sure you have the in service + auto LED's on.
Topic starter
09/02/2012 9:30 pm
Vic, I'll try that. Thanks
E-man, Led for auto is on, 29 is on, 40 & 40A are on. How is the "in service" labeled?
Thanks
Jon
10/02/2012 10:31 am
DS20 is Kauto led. Check all of the ds LED's and compare to the other car when they are both at the bottom floor, just a quick check to see if all the main things you can see without the tool are ok. If they all check out to be the same, then unfortunately you will probably need the interface tool to check the status of the HVM boards and there associated inputs and outputs. You could use the print and check each channel of each HVM board to make sure that each input is ok to the board. Are you sure each HVM board has the same address as the corresponding card in the running elevator. that would be something to check. As far as the world tool to interface the unit, I don't know how expensive they are, but ECI makes an excellent tool for around 1500 bucks.
Topic starter
10/02/2012 11:45 am
Scott,
Thanks for your reply. The ds LEDs match each car when they are at the same landing. All of the HVM dip switches are set the same in both cars and according to the print.
I'll look up ECI for their tool.
Thanks for your reply. The ds LEDs match each car when they are at the same landing. All of the HVM dip switches are set the same in both cars and according to the print.
I'll look up ECI for their tool.
JKH
10/02/2012 1:09 pm
Jon,
I've got the ECI tool also. IDK anything about Worlds' tool, except I do have their "Freedom Tool" (laptop based) for US Ascension, MP 1230, Miprom, and Dover DMC. And I got Kone's brick for Miprom, escalators. I think I got some more tools, can't remember 'em right now.
I've got the ECI tool also. IDK anything about Worlds' tool, except I do have their "Freedom Tool" (laptop based) for US Ascension, MP 1230, Miprom, and Dover DMC. And I got Kone's brick for Miprom, escalators. I think I got some more tools, can't remember 'em right now.
I kinda like the smaller, dedicated service tools. I don't like having to lug around the laptop case, find power for it, etc.
Let us know how things progress. Are these elevators in Santa Ana, property of the County of Orange?
Topic starter
10/02/2012 1:34 pm
Vic,
Thanks for the replies. I also would rather not drag a laptop around. I plan on contacting ECI tomorrow. I will post my findings. And the elevators are not in Santa Ana. I'm up in the cooler climate where there is white stuff on the ground.
Thanks for the replies. I also would rather not drag a laptop around. I plan on contacting ECI tomorrow. I will post my findings. And the elevators are not in Santa Ana. I'm up in the cooler climate where there is white stuff on the ground.
Topic starter
28/02/2012 6:16 am
Sorry I took so long to close this out. Turned out another photo switch was bad. No signs of burn though. I did purchase the ECU tool and it was helpful.
Thanks again for all the help.
28/02/2012 8:15 am
jkh what is a photo switch? is that a opto coupler chip set?
28/02/2012 8:23 am
Landing Zone Detector= Photo beam transmitter and receiver.
29/02/2012 2:27 pm
ah right. different terminology. door zone reader, gotcha.