Elevator Forum

EECO brass valves "...
 
Notifications
Clear all

EECO brass valves "DL3" and "UL3" adjustments.

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
27.3 K Views
 Vsec
(@Vsec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#11238]
I am having a problem with an old EECO brass valves. The elevator when traveling up takes off good but stops very hard. In the down direction it takes off hard but levels and stops very well. I do not have any information and never adjusted these valves before, does anyone have any experience adjusting these valves or possibly a default settings. These are brass valves with two separate down valves, the up and up leveling valves on the same body. Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by Vsec; 07/06/14 02:52 PM.


   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
V,
You may want to contact Dale Frund at Texacone. It mite be your packing and/or hydro oil. I find Dale to be a great resource as well as a true gentlemen.

Dale Frund
Texacone
(800)839-2266
[email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any chance you know which valve or have a picture. I have a few pages of old info I'm meaning to down load. I just needed an excuse to get it done...

I'm away until Wednesday night. Hopefully someone will have this info for you. PM me if you still need it by then...



   
ReplyQuote
 west
(@west)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you can get a specific id on the valve I have some of valve information.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
it would be a good idea to check for broken springs in the valve body. a fairly common occurrence. Since these are obsolete, a mod would be appropiate.



   
ReplyQuote
 west
(@west)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is a company that rebuilds them... I just worked on a water soluble unit that recently had to pull the valves out for rebuild.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am sure they can be rebuilt, but the cost of tearing it down, sending it out, rebuilding, sending it back,and then reinstalling the 50 some year old valve is not really worth considering, unless there are extenuating circumstances.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the Elevator stop short of the floor when it stops hard? If so and this is an Otis Hydro, there is Condenser Timing around the Dump Valve (Leveling Speed)to achieve the soft stop. The Pump Motor stops running and coasts to a stop while the Dump Valve is still energized via the condenser timing proving the soft stop. If it is some other make of hydro there may be a timed relay to keep the Valve open long enough to coast to a soft stop. Worth a look!!!



   
ReplyQuote
 Vsec
(@Vsec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for all of the responses, sorry for the late response, it is an Otis controller, the elevator stops level with the floor, its just avery harsh stop. I am going to try to upload some pictures.

Thanks once again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
jkh is right on about Dale he is a good resource. I have some info on these if you have a fax or e-mail you can PM me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just be sure someone did not move the top of car switch to make it stop level with the hard stop. I have adjusted over 100 of those type hydros and was a 45hr adjuster with Otis. If the leveling speed is correct and the valve opens to bypass and closes to achieve the speed it is set for and does not leak the mechanical parts of the valve are working properly. The condenser timing on the valve coil and the pump coasting provides the soft stop PROVIDING the filter screens are clean.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vsec
(@Vsec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Rolly and everyone who responded, I will check the condensor timing on the valve coil, the pump is coasting to a stop. This might be a silly question bit how do I post picture's.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vsec
(@Vsec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0

   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the pump motor come to an abrupt stop at the floor? It has to run to bypass the fluid to make the soft stop? Just looked at prints on those old ones and the condenser around the valve is for a re-level to get the car back to the floor and slightly above. Sorry for not looking earlier. Getting old. The condenser timing on the pump and dump bypassing the fluid provides the soft stop. I should have looked at print earlier but the mechanical part of the old valve description was correct in the last post.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vsec
(@Vsec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I've got the car to level up with a soft and stop and doors opening on pre-level but now the up transition is very harsh, I tried adjusting the transition but then the leveling is affected. It seems as if there is no happy median. Does anyone know the default settings for this valve?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top