Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dover Unit

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,847 Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26134]
Please see attached pictures from an Old Dover unit with a motor starter reactor that has burned up. I am unable to find any replacement parts. I am not even sure what the part is and it’s primary function. Can anyone offer any help as to how to identify this part, or its function so I can find a solution for replacement? I have attached the section of prints that show were this device is located.

Thanks

Attachments
12.jpg (945.79 KB, 55 downloads)
13.jpg (963.84 KB, 49 downloads)
14.jpg (920.2 KB, 46 downloads)
20190305_123522.jpg (1.22 MB, 57 downloads)



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe replace with a soft start? What kind of controller? Is the motor itself seem standard?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is for a two speed motor. If you were doing a mod, you would just ignore the low speed motor and use the High speed motor with a drive. I don't think it would be too hard to put a VVVF drive and circuitry to drive the unit. Do you have the rest of the prints for the elevator? The reactors could be replaced with starter grids. A good motor man could guesstimate the reactance of the motor and size the grids.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top