Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dover composite

38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
90.6 K Views
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
LSP pulls in with MOB in the 2f circuit. When lsp is in, leveling is disconnected. When MOB drops, or 2F speed switch drops, LSP drops out and leveling is enabled. Either LSP relay or MOB contact is probably your problem. Do you have a print for the job?



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Broke_Sheave
SBRMILTIA...I get up every morning and say a little prayer for you guys. LOL..

Becoming a disappearing breed. One of my best friends, who was a composite ace, just recently passed away. Guys that know that equipment are getting fewer and fewer every day..

Cheers!!!

I'm only 27 but I learned on composites and b base. Out of the young guns out here I'm one of the very few with this knowledge. I just got added another highrise on my route with MiProm 21 and I'm getting humbled real quick. I rather work on a rotary Dover then junk. Which I also have a few on my route.

Last edited by sbrmilitia; 10/24/12 11:57 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@relayman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think on some jobs the original style IBMs relays work much better. If you call your supplier and they say they are no longer make. You might try looking on the internet. I found a place that makes them to the original IBM specs every day.



   
ReplyQuote
 TKE
(@TKE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Lsp screens your optical leveling also make sure your not rolling the top pickup assembly roller and blipping the lock. As for the IBM's take your flashlight and look across the top of the relays at the wire contact potion sticking out of the top...see how many you have that have turned and fallen down inside of the relay thus making a n.o contact and n.c contact!! Now after you have checked all of them start looking across the bottom of the relays at the coil leads you will be surprised how many you find backed out....SE, U,D,UA,DA..



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
Originally Posted By: Broke_Sheave
SBRMILTIA...I get up every morning and say a little prayer for you guys. LOL..

Becoming a disappearing breed. One of my best friends, who was a composite ace, just recently passed away. Guys that know that equipment are getting fewer and fewer every day..

Cheers!!!

I'm only 27 but I learned on composites and b base. Out of the young guns out here I'm one of the very few with this knowledge. I just got added another highrise on my route with MiProm 21 and I'm getting humbled real quick. I rather work on a rotary Dover then junk. Which I also have a few on my route.

Hey SB , can you describe what a and b base otis gear is? The high rise otis gear we have here is generally 260vip gearless. Is this the same?

Last edited by uppo72; 02/13/13 06:19 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unsure of your question Uppo?

A and B base refer to dispatching schemes. They are basicall identical, except A base was used mostly on touch button systems, and had multiple diagnostic cards you could plug into the card rack, and B Base was used with regular push buttons, and had one diagnostic board.

Both were based on VIP 260 logic, but transferred from relay form to DTL logic. (DTL = Diode Transistor Logic)

And to confuse things more, there was a CB base. Basically a B base dispatcher, but additonal boards that read flags in the hatch for Selector functions. Basically the 1st Otis that I'm aware of that did not have a mechanical selector.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also check for bent connectors on IBM relay bases as well. I have had those whip my butt on occasion. Peace.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Broke_Sheave
Unsure of your question Uppo?

A and B base refer to dispatching schemes. They are basicall identical, except A base was used mostly on touch button systems, and had multiple diagnostic cards you could plug into the card rack, and B Base was used with regular push buttons, and had one diagnostic board.

Both were based on VIP 260 logic, but transferred from relay form to DTL logic. (DTL = Diode Transistor Logic)

And to confuse things more, there was a CB base. Basically a B base dispatcher, but additonal boards that read flags in the hatch for Selector functions. Basically the 1st Otis that I'm aware of that did not have a mechanical selector.

Thanks broke i think you answered my question. I've worked on the touchbutton control(nightmares they are) feeding multiple cards on the lift no1 selector. I'm pretty sure this was the only high rise type here, with normal button style button types used with a geared machine and selector version for small applications. The next generation of otis lifts were the 401's and no cb base types. I've just read over the time posters stating a or b base and not really sure what they were referring to. Thanks mate.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ah....Touch Buttons and Balanced Bridge detectors...The good old days.. 😁

One of my first few days on the job, 35 years ago, my boss tells me..

"That tenite cover is loose over the door detector. Reach in behind it and tighten it up"..

Let's just say that 1000 cycle wouldn't kill you but it would make you hurt yourself trying to get away from you.. 😁

Of course he thought it was hilarious. Different times for sure.. 😎



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Broke_Sheave
Ah....Touch Buttons and Balanced Bridge detectors...The good old days.. 😁

One of my first few days on the job, 35 years ago, my boss tells me..

"That tenite cover is loose over the door detector. Reach in behind it and tighten it up"..

Let's just say that 1000 cycle wouldn't kill you but it would make you hurt yourself trying to get away from you.. 😁

Of course he thought it was hilarious. Different times for sure.. 😎

ha i know what you mean. Touch buttons, saturable reactors on the pdo, old lambda with the high frequency were all stuff we, as newish mechanics freshly bought out by Otis all had to learn let alone fricken selectors that our company had p****d off 20 years earlier!

And those old pranksters soon realised not to piss us off as we fight back. 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rmoore)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like LSP isn't picking and locking out leveling. Look there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rmoore)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like LSP isn't picking and locking out leveling. Look there.



   
ReplyQuote
 mjm
(@mjm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
One year later, I hope you found your problem, he-he. But I think as stated, UA and DA are respectively held in by SU and SD contacts I think. So, if SU or SD are dropping out for some reason, that would cause UA or DA to drop out hence allowing CS to come in and the car then relevels. So, check all contacts in the SU and SD circuits. Wish I had some prints. peace-out.



   
ReplyQuote
(@slider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Problem with the Yellow Jacket relays is that the solder connections on the back of the relay can touch the contacts in the wire contact relay base. This can short circuits together not meant to be. I personally have been involved in trouble shooting three such occurances, twice while at Dover and once after leaving. All were documented, the first two bothto Dover and to World and the third to Works and Otis. No once seemed concerned. Best replacement is a new relay from Vertex and they aren't expensive.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
.....the Vip260 is also gearless umv control system..had many of those cars in one building...the Test card in the operational controller slot YK..was a worth its weight in gold..



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top