Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
20/12/2014 11:22 pm
Just picked up a bunch of these. Anyone have maint. Tips or typical shutdowns I can expect?thanks
21/12/2014 3:03 am
Keep an eye on selector guides and floor bars. Take care of sticky car buttons as soon as you notice them. Trapped passengers between floors and all CS relays pulled in, it's selector guides. Car dead at the floor and all CS relays pulled in stuck car button.
21/12/2014 10:38 pm
Located in the back of control, you'll find contactor #14 and #15(depends on vintage), make sure they're O.K. if not. you'll have leveling issue.
Topic starter
22/12/2014 12:24 am
Thanks guys
22/12/2014 4:58 am
I'm sorry..... 😆
27/12/2014 10:55 am
Selector Guides questions 1 are they supposed to be oiled or greased.2 is there a proper way to change them an set them up for wipe And last if 14 an 15 not toggling in an out give you a shutdown floor level on bottom land,P up DR DR1 UP DIRRECTION AN 101,102 UP also
Last edited by DripCan; 12/27/14 03:00 AM.
27/12/2014 10:30 pm
I use WD40 to clean the selector guide tracks. I don't lubricate them at all, they slide very good clean. Grease and or lube just seems to attract dirt and create problems in my experience.
28/12/2014 12:04 am
Guides should be oiled,,if car has oil pots fill them,,if not, grease slightly on the guides,,that's how I was taught,,,it's the basics!
28/12/2014 1:40 pm
I clean guide tracks with brake cleaner (once) and then oil with a small amount of TriFlow. New guides get set up level side to side on the top of the controller, I normally set them right about in the center of the slot. Run the car on inspection and eyeball clearances. If I remember right, you lift the wire on OS and block OD relay for automatic operation with no doors, calls on the front of the controller (1C, 2C, etc).
29/12/2014 10:28 pm
You should'nt use WD40, just like door rollers, it will cause premature wearing out. I had a triplex on route for years, carbon dust everyware, caused a lot of vibration and noise in selector. Clean guides and tracks with oil, then only used a drop of 3in1 oil, keep wiped up, this helped best. Too many other minor things to go into here, just do good PM constantly. Somewhere I've got paperwork on these, I'll try to find them.
02/01/2015 12:33 pm
Optical leveling sensors, they can be checked using a single piece of white paper....single layer should not trigger the sensor, double should trigger the sensor.
Keep the selector spring tension on the bottom of the car at 21 inches.
CS up at the floor, suck push button.
Watch the contact in the IBM relays, U,UA,UX ect, relays that are used on every run. The contacts will turn and drop down on the back contacts.
Green ground jumper on rectifier should not be removed, always secure to controller.
Check Dash Pot oil.
03/01/2015 4:30 am
Oil is probably better Boa, definitely don't use Simple Green or a degreaser like 409 and Simple Green. What a mess. I like to use something that dissolves the grease and crud as opposed to something that just spreads and smears it around... I do use a LPS and/or a heavy penetrating oil on door tracks and rollers.
03/01/2015 8:44 am
US Elevator....problem, lost.
3 stop hydro, US elevator controller.
elevator at lower level, push first floor hall call and doors open at lower level, push hall call in lower level no doors.
fire top floor car call and elevator runs up , stops, and returns to lower level.
runs on car top inspection.
has vanes...stu,std,dz.
last stop of day, will be back Monday to troubleshoot.
Any ideas, that's all the info. I have. thanks.
3 stop hydro, US elevator controller.
elevator at lower level, push first floor hall call and doors open at lower level, push hall call in lower level no doors.
fire top floor car call and elevator runs up , stops, and returns to lower level.
runs on car top inspection.
has vanes...stu,std,dz.
last stop of day, will be back Monday to troubleshoot.
Any ideas, that's all the info. I have. thanks.