Found the unit on the top landing (3rd) floor with doors open. Ran through your typical maintenance check, broken parts, debri in track, same old same old. Closed everything up and turned the power back on. (Building owner had it off). The unit will run on inspection but will not take a hall call or car call. Button lights no latch. No blown fuses. I did find that the 3v battery in the car top box was dead, replaced that. I also tried jumping P24 to 1U, 2D etc, no luck there. I will have the laptop with DMC fast tomorrow to take a look at what’s going on. Any input would be appreciated. Thx
When you do your shaft setup and learn the door travel make sure you click on selector/front door then parameters then save all the parameters, you should see the value under saved as well as working. If you forget to go to the parameters and hit save, you will have all the values in the working field and you'll have a running car. But if power goes out you'll have to come back just to do a hoistway learn again. Learned that one the hard way.
The last couple times I've done a full setup on a dmc I didn't even have to do anything for the operator, after leveling down off the normal and putting it back on auto the doors cycled and learned the travel count themselves.
Easiest to sit on the cartop, you can do everything without moving.
If you don't have a mouse for your laptop, it's well worth running into walmart in the morning to grab a cheap corded one with the spinning dial in between the clickers
IDWT said, “ SET the number of floors, THEN do a hoistway scan”. We’re you successful in this?
Cold Start can be a pain if not too familiar with it.
*Update”
Come to find out the battery holder was loose and the battery was not making good connection. *Fixed. The maintenance manager of the college keeps turning the elevator on and off and screwing with things. Fixed that with a loving conversation. I do have a much older software version and that threw me off a bit with the parameter list. I can not explain why but I had a fire service parameter set wrong and once I corrected it, saved it, did a learn run, the unit works.
First time doing this, never used a FAST tool and never lost a CLC before so it took me minute. Not that it really matters now but this particular unit has given me hell over several different issues. I have 6 other DMCs on campus, same rise, same piston diameter, same controller, same everything and only this unit gives me hell. The only difference I can tell is instead of having the CLC in the COP, they ran everything back to the car top and shoved 20lbs of wire in a 5lb box. It’s ridiculous. I had a short across F3 fuse one time and it took me over 2 weeks to find. Completely intermittent. I had to put a filament light bulb across the fuse and catch it in the act. Ran back & forth to the machine room from the car top 30 freakin times lifting 1 wire at a time until I found it. Another fun prize is the Hoistway is entirely too large for the unit. I thought that maybe there had been something here before but no. There’s 7 feet…. Yes 7 feet from the edge of the cab to the back wall. The university refuses to let us install a handrail per code and per my saftey. The inspector failed to write it up. So that’s my rant.
Thank you for the information and assistance in helping me fix this. I do appreciate it 👍🏼
After entering all the CLC adjustments correctly, the best I found is:
1. In Inspect move the hoist to the bottom floor level.
2. Press reset microswitch on the door board (sometimes the door doesn't do the learning if not reseted)
3. On IMS go CLC adjustments 1 and change to 1 (enter/enter) then to zero (enter/enter), then clear all CLC faults, make sure of that.
4. On IMS Selector Parameter 0 and click Preset.
5. Now, the selector LED must be solid on, if it is blinking, you need to move the car down from 1" to 2", releasing hidraulic pressure a bit, then the Selector LED will be solid on.
6. While still in inspection move manually the car up to the final limit in the sky, this will make Selector to learn the counts and floors.
7. After some seconds (I already had 10 seconds) IMS Selector Parameter 1 should show the actual learning value, just wait until it shows, then Selector Parameter 0 and SAVE.
8. Then click IMS Door Parameter 1, switch Inspection OFF to automatic, the DOOR should make its own learning open/close and after few seconds will show the value on Door Parameter 1.
9. Click IMS DOOR Parameter 0 and SAVE.
Works everytime like a charm. The tricky here is (5).
If the door doesn't make its auto travel learning, something went wrong, redo all of the above.
For the hoistway scan I almost always do it from the machine room with a jumper from INB to INU, bump down off the limit, check that floors have values, SEL PAR 0 SAV. Take it off inspect and it should level in. If it fails I’ll go to the car top to watch the selector LED but it rarely does.