No sense in going through all the setups if you can loose them if the power goes out.
It's pretty quick and easy to do a shaft learn on the dmc. Sit on the cartop with your laptop plugged into the door operators com plug and you can do it all from there.
One thing I've seen mess with door learns not taking or seting up right is loose hardware on the operator linkages. I'd put a wrench on all the bolts real quick to be sure.
I do find it a little odd it wants a shaft learn to do a door setup, mainly because it sounds like these cars are running currently and it wouldn't be running without a valid shaft setup saved. I'm not the most familiar with Worlds freedom tool, I've used it once or twice but normally use DMC Fast on a laptop. Have you called world to ask them? They should support their product with a little support for using it.
I’ve also went through all the operator linkages, made sure I’ve got no mechanical binds on the doors or operator linkages, and that all hardware is tight. We’ve changed out an operator motor and plan on changing the operator motor pulse count sensors.
Would I have to do the door learn from the operator? I’ve been able to make parameter changes from the car station and controller, but I’m not able to access anything when plugging my laptop directly into the operators.
I did reach out to World Electronics previously, but hadn’t heard back from them before writing this post. They’ve written me back telling me to ignore the warning, if I’m working on a DMC-1A. I’ve only seen it heard of the controller referred to as a DMC-I, so this also through me off a little.
Also now that I know the DMC-IA is the model without a selector, I know I just have a regular DMC-I.