Elevator Forum

Otis 211 hall lante...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 hall lanterns and gongs not working

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,077 Views
(@boomer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35137]
Have a simplex 4stop and none of the hall lanterns or gongs are working. All my fuses are good on the pssb board and I’m getting the 30vdc at the lantern board. Found a parameter for the lanterns and it is turned on En-hlc=yes? All the boards seemed to be addressed correctly according to the prints. I have a blue box but just not super familiar with the 211s they don’t give us too many issues lol. Any ideas on what to try next?



   
Quote
(@Jking1980)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Double check at the end of your door that there isn’t a proximity switch. I had a similar issue and by luck of me pushing the doors all the way open on inspection the damn lantern went off. I ran the car up and got in the pit, sure enough they had a magnet taped the the end of the door and a switch on a bracket so when the doors opened fully it made the switch in the hoistway. I guess it worked in theory but of course someone had ran into the doors and they were not opening as far. May not be it but worth a look.



   
ReplyQuote
(@boomer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ended up being the hall lanterns were never addressed in software. We addressed the boards according to the prints then turned on the bit in the cpu for the up and down lantern. I don’t think they ever worked.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top