Elevator Forum

DMC-1A Door Operato...
 
Notifications
Clear all

DMC-1A Door Operator

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,485 Views
 ASE
(@ASE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#22177]
Hi guys,
Got a dover dmc-1a. The door starts to open and then just kinda stalls. With a little push to initiate movement, its starts to open again. I can't tell what is causing the problem. Cleaned sills and checked door clearance. Replaced board first and then motor. Both resulted in the same problem carrying over. I've done the start up sequence for the doors. They cycle but never seem to accept the pulse count. What am I missing?



   
Quote
 ASE
(@ASE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have the world electronics freedom ware program but I'm not real familiar with dmc programming.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you replace the encoder too? That door has to have the analog encoder, not the little digital one. The big black plastic one with the notched wheel and 2 optical sensors. If it does have the right encoder, put all the parameters to their default value then adjust manual open and close speeds until the door doesn’t stall from the manual buttons. Then try a scan and make sure there is a new value for door travel, then save it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Other than your door issue, will the car run normal?



   
ReplyQuote
 ASE
(@ASE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes car runs great other than door issue. Dirt, are you saying that the smaller black replacement motor with encoder that I got from Vertical is not the proper part? If so then I'm thinking that maybe I should put the original back in and try making the adjustments that you mentioned.



   
ReplyQuote
 ASE
(@ASE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dang Dirt, I just checked Verticals website and I see what you mean. I got the smaller frame, closed loop motor with the small digital encoder. I see they have an 85HD motor like the original and that you can order the optical encoder separately. I'll try the original motor and encoder again with the adjustments that you mentioned before I order it though. I'll let you know what happens



   
ReplyQuote
 ASE
(@ASE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Put the original motor and encoder setup back in and made adjustments to manual open and close. Got it to take and store encoder value. The entire operation from close to open and closed again is perfect, except for the initial open from fully closed. For the first 2 inches of door travel the motor turns very slowly and the door just creeps open until the safety edge drops down all the way, then the torque and speed kick in and it opens normally. No adjustments I've made to the programming have had any affect on correcting this. Is it a mechanical adjustment I'm missing?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check 018 and 019, Open Backlash speed and Backlash(time)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is a Thyssen part number for the motor with the analog encoder and Rolly is right on, those are the 2 parameters that you need to adjust.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
9841775 Is the part number for the motor with analog encoder.



   
ReplyQuote
 ASE
(@ASE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That was it guys! Backlash time too low. Lesson learned with your help. Runs like a champ. Thank you



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top