Elevator Forum

Connection to contr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Connection to controller failed

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,330 Views
 wiz
(@wiz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#30907]
Greetings

I am using cadi 3.1 on a smart mrl 002. When I connect my r232 to usb I get an error message
Connection to controller failed.
Does anyone know the comm port configuration in the laptop for comm port 1. It is currently set up for IMS. Baud rate 9600 data bits 8 parity none stop bits 1 flow control none. The port works with IMS. It is not with CADI. I may need to change the settings for the comm port. Thanks



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you using a null modem adapter?



   
ReplyQuote
 wiz
(@wiz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Greetings

No, I am using a CableCreation 3.3 Feet USB to RS232 Serial Cable with Prolific PL2303 Chip, DB9 Adapter for Windows xp.

Cheers



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by wiz
Greetings

No, I am using a CableCreation 3.3 Feet USB to RS232 Serial Cable with Prolific PL2303 Chip, DB9 Adapter for Windows xp.

Cheers

You have to use a null modem adapter.



   
ReplyQuote
 wiz
(@wiz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Greetings

Thanks for the input. Will use null modem adapter?

Bless



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top