Elevator Forum

C.O.P.. WEBB Electr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

C.O.P.. WEBB Electronics phone autodialing?

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,944 Views
(@Gaulum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34440]
Hello. Has anyone had any issues with a C O.P. WEBB Electronis phone unit calling out all on it's own? I have multiple units on my maintenance route that are calling out to the call centre, without the phone button being pushed. Witnessed it happen right in front of me.



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Kings 3 makes very good phones..



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are your phone wires shielded? If so shield only hooked up on one end? I’ve seen unshielded lines cause false dial on PI advance or door operation. The old handsets worked fine but it’s too much induced voltage for newer phones. But as stated above Kings Three became our go to.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Gaulum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ya. I have a sheilded pair hooked up, with the sheild grounded on only one end. It's weird how this problem hasn't been an issue on the phones until basically this year, doesn’t seem to matter what
year of manufacture/install. Could be a phone unit in a recently turned over modded elevator, or an elevator we modded 6 years ago. The only common denominator is the manufacturer, WEBB Electronics.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do those have a line check function? The Rath phones have a feature that we have to turn off on ring down lines or they will do this intermittently. I don’t know the Webb phones myself though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Gaulum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They do have a line check fuction. It's required though. I can't (I could theoretically) disable that function, as that is what monitors the line to trigger the audio/visual communications failure signals in the lobby fixture, as required by code.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh right, not required in CA yet



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top