Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
24/01/2017 6:44 am
Hi guys. I'm looking for a professional opinion as I am definitely not one myself. A few months ago I started hearing a loud noise from the elevator (mrl) coming into my apartment which is located on the penthouse floor of a new building. It was a little bizarre since I hadn't experienced any noise for the first 6 months of living here. One car produces 2 distinct clanks every time the car moves(just before the car starts to move and just after the doors open), the other car 1 clank. There is a link below to a short recording. Is this the brake? If so is this fixable? Thanks for the help.
24/01/2017 6:59 am
This was thoroughly discussed. Go to threads, look up eco disc, big clanking noise.
24/01/2017 9:17 am
The link said it was private but the other noise we get complaints about is the contractor picking and dropping. Especially when a unit shares a wall with the machine room/closet. Much more difficult to quiet down than brakes. Do you know the manufacturer?
Topic starter
24/01/2017 9:55 am
It should be public now. The manufacturer is Modern Elevator.
24/01/2017 11:25 am
Hi Vansmaack:
Modern elevator did not make the machine. They only buy the machine from other manufacturer. I will recommend call the elevator company whom install the system for U. Sometime all it need is some adjustments, which u should not do by yourself.
Modern elevator did not make the machine. They only buy the machine from other manufacturer. I will recommend call the elevator company whom install the system for U. Sometime all it need is some adjustments, which u should not do by yourself.
25/01/2017 10:08 pm
If it was quiet before then it just needs properly adjusted.
26/01/2017 8:55 am
That is loud!
31/01/2017 5:58 am
Sounds like there's way too much gap in the brake when it's picked. Wondering what type of machine is in there.