Where do you work? Outside North America?
Typically 2, a mechanic and a helper. Most of the test are 2000 to 3000lbs tests. There are occasions where the full load is much higher and we will bring in additional trucks with additional weights.
I will say this! A full load test in my opinion is a two man job at the least. Safety to me is more important then a maximised prophet margine...
How much prophet does an injured mechanic generate!
Glad to hear you are working safely.
Join LinkedIn and get Mark Sy's full profile..
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-sy/22/a07/210
Degreed EE, 40 some odd years and the elevator business, and has his own company and has been doing fire service, Emergency power, Baby Monitors, etc...For Years...
Times do change..
When I started, we turned our time in on a piece of notebook paper..
Hours straight time
Hours 1 1/2
Hours double time
Mileage and cartage.
That was it. Took about 5 minutes..
Aint the world of the Ivy league MBA's great..LOL..
It's been the same here on the east coast. Taking information from a job is a common practic. We did hand over hand what we needed to make the repair. I believe it was Westinghouse (Schindler) that put in the overlay. A friend who has been retired for some time now remembers a write up for this overlay. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse!
The owners are saying they are planning on a mod. Boy if I had a dollar for everytime I've heard that!
Broke sheave
Time have change! But one thing is still true today as it was when I first started. The old timers still play a major part on influencing the people coming into the industry. Everytime you see a newbie doing something you taught take pride!