Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
11/12/2014 2:56 am
I recently got a 411 duplex, 4 stop, 350fpm, 4500lbs. And annual test have to be done. first of all never worked for the big "O", so know 0 about them. Borrowed the tool (check), got prints (check), got 2nd guy (check). Two problems,1)Testing of Normal and terminal stopping devices. Sure I can put my hand on the final, but can't run car there. No mechanical normals. Got to turned some stuff off with the tool but I don't know what (can't do buffer then). 2)Need a written check out procedure and demonstrate that all E/E/PS electrical devices work as intended. Even if I knew this I don't think I could trouble shoot my a_s out of one of these just looking at LED's without a tool. Talked to the local O office sure they'll sell us one gave a ball park figure, said but those are hard to get.???? So get us the part# and a hard $ we'll order it. That was last year, now you know why I borrowed a tool. Got 4) Gen2 globals also, I'll get traing on these, but we can't let you in the hatch, this is going to be fun. Sorry about the rant but any help would be a great help. Inspector coming in a month and those are the only ones that have to be done yet.
Last edited by JustWolf; 12/10/14 07:14 PM.
11/12/2014 11:48 am
Are you sure they are 411s? That is a short rise (assuming typical floor heights) and slow speed for a 411. What do the cabinets look like? Directional limits on a 411 are in the music box, inspection station and access key switch print page. If you have a 311 the limits are probably software limits.
11/12/2014 3:08 pm
Agree, as a 411 is a typical high speed top of the range control.
Topic starter
12/12/2014 3:21 am
See Pix in photo gallery. Yes it has music box, limit stops car approx 9" from terminal, didn't stare at print, had a shutdown, but doesn't SS13 and SS14 only work on cartop and access. Not on MR.
Topic starter
12/12/2014 3:35 am
Thankyou NewMech and uppo72, are the drive fans 120 vac 4", got one unit that they aren't on.
Last edited by JustWolf; 12/11/14 07:36 PM.
12/12/2014 8:09 am
Originally Posted By: JustWolf
Thankyou NewMech and uppo72, are the drive fans 120 vac 4", got one unit that they aren't on.
Sorry mate I cant remember, it has been a while. All the 411 I have seen were complete controllers with fans, but so was other types ie 311's too.
12/12/2014 8:12 am
Just had a look at the pics you provided and it does appear to be 411's. Well I am surprised but hey you learn something every day! That seems over kill to me, sort of like buying a Ferrari for a little old lady to drive down to the shops.
Last edited by uppo72; 12/12/14 12:13 AM.
12/12/2014 11:22 am
you can disable direction limits with service tool..
12/12/2014 12:21 pm
Doesn't look like 411s that we have here. I haven't ever seen a 411 with software limits. Last time I did annuals on a 411, I remember SS13 and 14 being ahead of the U and D relays on the inspection page (controller ins, access and toci).
Topic starter
12/12/2014 9:42 pm
Thank you, thats what I thought.