Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
21/06/2013 10:52 pm
anybody know how to activate reduced speed reduced torque closing on a 330a? just picked up a bunch of them where the bonger goes off after 20 seconds when the detector is blocked, but the door doesn't close on reduced speed.
21/06/2013 11:18 pm
Adjust tdc board pot for more torque. I'll check which one it is in a few minutes.
Last edited by Philly; 06/21/13 03:19 PM.
Topic starter
22/06/2013 6:15 am
It doesn't even attempt to close. Its like it needs to be enabled in the software.
25/06/2013 7:13 am
Haven't worked on that many but I'm pretty sure it's in the parameters menu.
25/06/2013 9:54 am
looks like it is under door parameters Final timer specifies the time to wait after a door close order before activating the final timer (closing door with low speed and torque and disabling reopen device) if the door is still not closed. min 10 seconds to maximum of - that is what it says in the manual. maybe it is set to - or none.
Topic starter
26/06/2013 1:02 am
thanks. i'll try that. manuals are handy.
26/06/2013 5:45 am
I think the 330 will just sit there and not close on nudging/reduced speed when the beam is blocked but will close when the beam is not blocked.
17/07/2013 12:21 pm
well i was servicing a 330 recently, and decided to check the nudging circuit, the door only beeps when the time expires, it will not close at a all. I checked the final timer parameter, and it was set for 40 seconds. Strange, because the above post is from the manual i have, it says it will close the door at low speed and ignore the photo eye. I could have swore i have seen a 330 nudge before, i only have 2 on service, so i will check the other one when i get there. i looked all through the parameters on the job i was on, and nothing to indicate nudging operation. we must be missing something, since the manual indicated it will nudge.
20/07/2013 11:27 pm
Did the car have a demand?
23/07/2013 10:50 am
yes, i tried it on the other car i have on service, same outcome. beeps but will not close at nudging speed with beam blocked.
Topic starter
24/07/2013 4:42 am
I have about two dozen of these units. A 6 yr old duplex I have wont reduce speed close after it times out and starts beeping. The final timer is set at 20s on these units. The others I have are set at 20s as well, but they reduce speed close. Demand doesn't matter (like Otis). Ive tried it with a car call and without.
24/07/2013 10:48 pm
What door operator board are in these units? I've had my tdc boards burn up frequently in busy/high frequency nudging buildings like shopping malls and parking decks. Sometimes more than once a year. They would still operate under normal circumstances but when nudging turned on it had zero torque to move. Are you checking for output from the board?
04/10/2013 1:27 am
You need software update.