Elevator Forum

Outlook for Charles...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Outlook for Charleston/Myrtle Beach

74 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
129.2 K Views
(@jeff24)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: jon556
Savannah is on #2

Thanks for the update, Jon. That would mean the guy on the bench and #1 were picked up in about a month. I think it's a bit too optimist, but I'd like to see that two-per-month movement continue.

Been more than a month since I've called. So I had no clue what Savannah looked like, and still don't with South Carolina.

Last edited by jeff24; 08/03/17 02:17 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@jeff24)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

Last edited by jeff24; 11/01/17 02:45 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@chuggins25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Charlotte is still pretty busy.. couple of high rises comin up within the near future so we seem to be pretty steady. We are doing work all the way up in the Boone area now have a job that will keep me and my mechanic up there for about 2-3 months

Last edited by chuggins25; 11/08/17 01:22 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the update chuggins25. My last call to check was about a month ago. I was informed that big jobs were expected to be coming in Charlotte around January and February.



   
ReplyQuote
(@chuggins25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just heard from talk they are about to do another recruitment in Myrtle-Charleston area only. I have talked to a bunch of guys in Charleston that they are blown out with work. Myrtle has 2 ocean front hotels going up as well. Charlotte is still busy, I'm up in Boone doing a job for App St. freezing our asses off. Hopefully this will help you guys out a little knowing a new recruitment is coming up, or either for some other guys looking to get in. Should be up around January so keep checking! If you have got picked up work safe guys!!!



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's great news chuggins25. A new recruitment for Charlotte was recently posted for December 26. I am curious what that means for myself already being in the Charlotte pool. Not quite sure if I need to re-apply and start over or if it is good news meaning more recruits are needed to add to the previous applicants pool I am in.



   
ReplyQuote
(@dmart144)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Re apply Lee



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just got a reply back from the local. No need to re-apply but will receive a date for a re-interview. Shoot for a new rank in comparison with the new recruits with the possibility of dropping back to original rank.



   
ReplyQuote
(@dmart144)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh that's great



   
ReplyQuote
(@chuggins25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Recuitment posted for Local 135. Just updating my last post. Anyone interested pm me and I’ll email you the info!



   
ReplyQuote
(@jon556)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone interviewing for 135 this week? I have mine Thursday in Myrtle.



   
ReplyQuote
(@willgeo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Im interviewing for 135 on the 21st but in Charlotte.

Last edited by willgeo; 03/12/18 10:40 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@jon556)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What cities are you choosing from to work in? They will give you a list after your interview to pick from.



   
ReplyQuote
(@willgeo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Im not sure. This is the first that Ive heard of doing that. I just figured it was just for Charlotte. What cities did you pick?



   
ReplyQuote
(@jon556)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I chose Charleston and live in Charleston. Pick a place as if your willing to move and except that spot. They said if you turn down employment with a city you choose it will clear your name from any other city you chose.

You have Ashville, Charlotte, Greenville SC, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, and Charleston to choose from. Might be forgetting one... Basically the entire state of SC and Charlotte and Ashville NC. 135 Local covers a big area.

Felt my interview went very well. They said rankings will be sent out by the end of the month.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share:
Scroll to Top