Elevator Forum

Outlook for Charles...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Outlook for Charleston/Myrtle Beach

74 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
129.2 K Views
(@jeff24)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah. Certainly aware of the hours. I've since followed up and did get through. Turns out -- no surprise to you, seeing where you're ranked -- the list has not moved very much at all.

I think one came off the board in Myrtle Beach and maybe three or so in Charlotte.

Unfortunately, I was left just as in the dark in regard to what a 14 could mean in Charleston. Was just told, it's all up to the companies, and there is no way of knowing.

Was really hoping something like two-per-month could come off of the Charleston board. Not looking feasible after one month (SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, I know. Ha).

They did say they expect for things to pick up the most around the start of next year (not sure why).



   
ReplyQuote
(@skaterguy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
well the list has moved but its slow right now in general at local 135 i was told . just wait it will come . im currently ranked #2 in, myrtle beach , Charleston , and Charlotte . #3 in asheville. so that might help on how the list moving .



   
ReplyQuote
(@jeff24)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the update, skater! My timeline has me calling again in about two weeks.

So, going by your numbers, that would mean: In 45 days, more or less, 15 have come off the list in Charlotte, two in Myrtle Beach, and one in Charleston. Interesting.

That's not too discouraging, I guess, if that equates to a "slow" period. I was really hoping to see Charleston and Myrtle Beach average two drops each month, which would be a timeline requiring a 7-month wait for me.

Looks like you'll be getting a call SOON!



   
ReplyQuote
(@skaterguy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hey guys they just called me im working in Charleston SC for Schindler elevators.hope you guys get a call soon



   
ReplyQuote
(@skaterguy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hey guys they just called me im working in Charleston SC for Schindler elevators.hope you guys get a call soon



   
ReplyQuote
(@blakjak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got my call from Jacksonville Florida last week but with military obligations I'm still not able to work it yet so for those of you on that list, they've knocked off at least one.

Congrats skater and Jeff, I hope you get a call soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jeff24)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That's awesome Skater. Congrats man! Took a little longer than I expected for you!

I was able to land 7th on the Savannah list. So, I'm still hoping work picks up either there or in South Carolina.

Good Luck out there, man! And hope you get something worked out, blakjak.



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats Skater. Just called and seems my rank hasn't moved from Charlotte in the past month. I am still at 34. Hoping this list gets moving. If anyone finds out different keep us updated! Good luck!

Last edited by Lee; 06/12/17 04:27 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@jon556)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
New to the forum. I also interviewed in Savannah and received rank 15. I think my lack of construction type work didn't help me any. Have been a Firefighter for the last 12 years. Hoping to at least get a call within the next year.

I know two mechanics for Otis out of Charleston in maintenance and repairs.. They have said Otis Savannah will be hiring 3 or 4 in August for a big job on Hilton Head. As for Charleston he said they are swamped so the list should be moving he is really unsure why.

For those who got a rank for Savannah, have you heard anything further on the Bahamas lead? I had gotten an email about it before I got my rank.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jeff24)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the new info, Jon!

I hope your contacts are correct, on both accords. That'd be awesome. The news wasn't as optimistic when I called about a week ago.

In Savannah: Was told the list hasn't moved, and there is actually a guy on the bench, so everyone is, effectively, one spot lower in the rankings. He also said there just aren't that many working in Savannah, so wasn't sure if the list would move much at all.

In Charleston: Was told that the list hasn't moved since Skater was called. It's moved 3 people in 3 months. I asked if he expects that pace to pick up and the union rep said "Not looking like it."



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Appreciate the heads up on Charleston. Anyone find out anything new for Charlotte?



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry to say this guys but you will drive yourself CRAZY calling and asking about where they are on the list.... When I was waiting on the bench when I was part of IUEC they were stuck on 10 for months and I was 12.... They will call as many people as they need for a project then stop ... and they can stop calling for helpers for a LONG time... especially if someone gets laid off and gets put in front of you ... I have heard of guys that were number 6 on the list and sitting on the bench for more than 6 months! It's not worth the stress to call in that often , plus when they do call you almost have no time to give your current job any notice...



   
ReplyQuote
(@JaBru)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Amen to that statement. I'm number 4 on the St. Louis list and I have been waiting since December.



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Skilledbutcher73 I hear you. But for every good rank and long wait I hear about. I know about a bad rank and a short wait. Lots of variables to it. I'll stay optimistic.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jon556)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Savannah is on #2



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share:
Scroll to Top