Hmm not sure. Didn't realize all of that. I just know email is from local 8 northern ca
If you look at the local map http://www.eiwpf.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Map.pdfit shows where there are offices within locals. These offices have their own lists. Yes, local 8 covers all of NoCal, but the ranking is most likely only for the San Francisco office.
If the call was a blanket call they would have asked you which office you would like to be listed in whichever one you selected they listed you in.
look at the email again, after your ranking it should say where, "You are currently ranked number (X) in (Y) in our applicant pool."
X is your rank
Y is the local office.
If you got ranked in local 80 like I did it would say (taken straight from my email
"You recently interviewed in Elevator Constructors Local 80 and received a passing grade on that interview. You are currently ranked number 8 in Raleigh in our applicant pool."
I picked Raleigh over Durham, Winston Salem, and Greensboro.
Didn't hear about that but I'm willing and ready. I know this is an opportunity of a life time so I will do whatever is asked of me.
As someone who'd be coming from out of town, I'll have to try to get this clarified a bit to prepare logistically.
Ooohhh! right on. Soooo sounds like my chances are pretty good!!