Elevator Forum

Anyone take the Phi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Anyone take the Philly test?

49 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
82.7 K Views
(@Turiddu90)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20157]
Just wondering if anyone took the Philly test and hear anything back about your number yet...



   
Quote
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you take the test and pass then you get an interview and if you pass the interview then you test you number.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turiddu90)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes I know. I just wanted to know if anyone else got their ranking after the interview.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They should be coming out soon, hopefully



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lineside)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I took the test and did the interview, but haven't gotten a number yet. Oden said he'd send them out mid April. I emailed him last week but haven't heard back from him. I think they had a lot of guys apply.

On a side note, I'm next on the list for local 84, but I'd prefer to work in philly. Does anyone know if I go to work for 84 and then get my call from 5 if I can accept the job from 5, or do I have to stay at 84?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You go where you get called. You can refuse 84 and wait for Philly. But I bet Philly calls first.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Others have gone to work in other cities and eventually moved back to there home town local not sure about accepting two calls though.

On a side note would anyone know if he'd be considered a transient if he started work in 84?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lineside)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah my buddy from local 1 suggested waiting for philly but it will be hard to turn down a job when I've been excited to get into the field for so long. I'm more conveniently located to philly, and the hall and school are pretty close to my house. Those are the main reasons for wanting to work for that local.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lineside)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What does transient mean in terms of the union?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is a sort of seniority when it comes to unions in terms of layoffs and working from out a different jurisdiction changes things. A transient is like a "visitor". I'd have to re-research it or you can check out the Austin thread and search for it. But either way you'd be a proby so you'd be starting from the bottom anyway. So I doubt it'd make a difference but if you have contacs in local 1, you can ask just to be on the safe side.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lineside)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Gotcha, thanks for the heads up.

For the original poster. My friend who is a company man from 5 said numbers should be out this week.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So has anyone received their ranking yet for Local 5? I thought they were going out mid-April.

Also, does anyone know how long the last list was and how far they made it down the list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lineside)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No sign of rankings yet. It's taking a really long time. After my interview for 84 it took two weeks to get my number. As for the old list, it's my understanding that there were still people left on the list and they had to re-interview with us. Could be why it's taking so long, so many people interviewed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lineside)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just got my number. I'm 89. Not real happy with it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lineside)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nobody else going to share how the did?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share:
Scroll to Top