Elevator Forum

Anyone take the Phi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Anyone take the Philly test?

49 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
82.7 K Views
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was ranked 197 so I don't think I'll be called from this list. I'll try other areas while I improve my resume.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mugshot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I received my ranking 4/27 and was ranked in the low 40's. I'm thinking to e-mail Oden or call the local end of May to see what number they are on if any at all. Got a friend in Local 1 telling me to be VERY happy to be in the top 50.



   
ReplyQuote
(@PJC0930)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm way down on the list...anyone know how many total and how many came off previous list?

Last edited by PJC0930; 05/08/17 09:40 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Mugshot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just called the local and asked some questions. They called 130 from the last list and the last person was called in February from the old list. This list has not began calling any numbers yet. But he mentioned some work hopefully starting soon on the river but I didn't dig into that. Based off of 130 divided by 24 months gives about 5 called per month. I'm gonna call back maybe the end of June to see what's going on then.



   
ReplyQuote
(@PJC0930)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks keep us posted...I'm in the 200's



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone know the starting rate for philly apprentice? I'm out of local 8 sf Bay Area and it's $31 starting over here 🙂

Last edited by Str8outtasj; 05/12/17 12:47 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Mugshot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
26



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mugshot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
$26 to start in Philly local 5. What's your ranking over there with local 8?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Mugshot
$26 to start in Philly local 5. What's your ranking over there with local 8?

24 which I hear is excellent



   
ReplyQuote
(@glenng)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone know if they started calling people off the list yet? I'm #14 and emailed Oden last week but he didn't know when they were going to start calling



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mugshot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I called on the 10th and they did not start calling numbers yet. Go on local 5 website and call the number at the bottom and see if they started calling numbers. They are really nice over the phone. Also, if you get a chance ask when Schuylkill Yards is supposed to begin on the river! I would ask but I don't want to call in to much. I'm gonna call once a month tho. Keep us updated if you do call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mugshot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Has anyone called the local lately? I know I can't be the only one....



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm probably not going to call for a few months. I'm in the 70's , so I don't think i will be getting a call this year.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mugshot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called in for a monthly check up. Local 5 appears to have a few unemployed guys and they are to be hired first before calling from the new list. There is work on the books coming up but nothing started yet. They anticipate to begin hiring from this new list by end of summer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@glenng)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called the Local today for an update. They've begun to call guys in and have gotten to #7. The guy on the phone said he doesn't know how many they do a month or anything like that, but it's movIng at least. FYI he also said that they'll call you and they expect you to report to the job the next day. Good luck to everyone!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share:
Scroll to Top