Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Same here, I'm in the 80's now



   
ReplyQuote
(@greenpants)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 276
 
Hundreds of interviews for the next couple months, good luck all.

Please follow all of the information given to you, it is extremely important and shows you know how to follow direction. Management and union brothers volunteer a lot of time for these interviews in order to hire the future of the industry. First impressions are everything so be prepared and able to talk about any experiences you have had that shows you can work in the industry. Even if its not work experience, hobbies in related fields like working on cars or building things, etc. are important to elaborate on. We do not have time to pry these details out of you, you need to have examples to talk about.

Also, please don't come in a suit. 😉 A collared shirt and nice jeans or chinos is fine, be comfortable it will help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Who interviewed already?



   
ReplyQuote
(@fletcher)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 11
 
I had my interview this morning. After the 3 hour drive in traffic, and only being there long enough to go the restroom before I was called in didn't give me much time to calm my nerves. Hope I did good enough. good luck to anyone that is scheduled this month or next.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by fletcher
I had my interview this morning. After the 3 hour drive in traffic, and only being there long enough to go the restroom before I was called in didn't give me much time to calm my nerves. Hope I did good enough. good luck to anyone that is scheduled this month or next.

Did you show them all your certs? You should be golden bro



   
ReplyQuote
(@fletcher)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 11
 
yes, made copies so they could keep, and my resume. you scheduled soon?



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by fletcher
yes, made copies so they could keep, and my resume. you scheduled soon?

Had my interview on Tuesday, hoping for a good rank



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Anyone happen to receive their rank yet?



   
ReplyQuote
(@fletcher)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 11
 
Nope.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sh707)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 9
 
I had my interview yesterday. They said the emails will be sent out sometime between April 26th and May 19th or somewhere around there



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by SH707
I had my interview yesterday. They said the emails will be sent out sometime between April 26th and May 19th or somewhere around there

Thanks for the info!



   
ReplyQuote
(@sh707)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 9
 
Np. I wanted to ask more questions like how many interviews were being held etc, but it didnt happen. Was too worried about the questions they were asking



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Rankings should be coming tomorrow! Top 100 ya dig!



   
ReplyQuote
(@sh707)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 9
 
Hell ya man. Good luck. Did you hear from someone that they would be out tomorrow? I called yesterday to find out and the lady said middle of May.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Oh no lol I went by what u said



   
ReplyQuote
Page 33 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top