Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
Thats sounds about right. Sh!# needs to start moving

Last edited by Ext1nct; 02/16/18 07:32 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
I think the list moved



   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
I just got the phone call! I have to report tuesday 7:30 at the hall.



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
Congrats . Assuming they stopped at 6 I should be 11 on the list. If anyone calls please update!!!!

My foot is half way out th door at work I’m about to take off running to the hall. Lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
Congrats man, thats awesome! At least 6 calls today then... Keep us posted and let us know where you're headed too



   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
Thanks guys! And i think im getting picked up where i have been working the past year with Unique Elevator. Im a welder/fabricator for their shop (non union) but now getting switched over to their field (union side)



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Congrats on your new journey!



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
If anyone is interested I believe local 39stationary engineer is opening up soon. I read in their monthly magazines a lot of my friends I went to school with work in hospitals as stationary engineers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61
 
Hey so how does the call work? I know you go to orientation and then what? Do you have to take a physical and the drug test that same day too? How soon do you go to work after the call?



   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
Im not 100% sure ill find out on tuesday and post on here



   
ReplyQuote
 Esco
(@esco)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 31
 
Congrats tincan and for sure let us know what its like that first week



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
I called this morning and they only moved one off the list....anybody else call?

I’m not understanding because Tin was number 6 for a while if I’m not mistaken

Last edited by Eros; 02/20/18 07:02 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@the-one-true-moo)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 10
 
Unsure how true this is but a foreman told me you get 2 calls. You can pass the first one up ie if you live in Auburn (like me} and get dispatched to San Jose. Then you pray you get a call from Sacramento (Roseville has a huge hospital about to take off with Otis).

It's a gamble but I'll probably take the first call and commute once a week. You can transfer in 6 months from what I understand.

Edit- Also unsure but in local 3 a company can pull a specific person from the list when they are close enough. That could be the situation here.

Last edited by The one true moo; 02/20/18 08:03 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
I met number 99 today in my orientation it was him abd me. I was 98 when I started. Be prepared for a lot paper work and signing stuff. They explain as much as they can and it is a little bit overwhelming and a lot of information to take in. Took about 2 and half hours. Then they send you to the job site right after. ( to whichever company youre assigned to) really important to just keep up with your time card among other paperwork and attend the monthly probie meetings.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by The one true moo
Unsure how true this is but a foreman told me you get 2 calls. You can pass the first one up ie if you live in Auburn (like me} and get dispatched to San Jose. Then you pray you get a call from Sacramento (Roseville has a huge hospital about to take off with Otis).

It's a gamble but I'll probably take the first call and commute once a week. You can transfer in 6 months from what I understand.

Edit- Also unsure but in local 3 a company can pull a specific person from the list when they are close enough. That could be the situation here.

local 3? as in operating engineers? and i heard it was a year to transfer? i applied with reno so hopefully i get to move up in the ranks to get to work quicker in roseville.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top