Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@the-one-true-moo)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 10
 
Yeah the operators, I journied out as a operator and inspector... 23 an hour raise coming here, we have the opposite plan xfer, I have a second house in Fernley and commuting once a week to the bay is doable too.

Joe the foreman I was talking about lives in Reno and just stays near whatever job during the week, would keep the missus from bitching at me 🤣.

Exit when I called yesterday I had only moved 1 spot. Number 9, originally ranked at 101

Last edited by The one true moo; 02/21/18 11:43 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by The one true moo
Yeah the operators, I journied out as a operator and inspector... 23 an hour raise coming here, we have the opposite plan xfer, I have a second house in Fernley and commuting once a week to the bay is doable too.

Joe the foreman I was talking about lives in Reno and just stays near whatever job during the week, would keep the missus from bitching at me 🤣.

Exit when I called yesterday I had only moved 1 spot. Number 9, originally ranked at 101

nice man, my pops works for bigge out in san leandro, a lot of money to be made out there as well but he even says elevators is where its at



   
ReplyQuote
 Esco
(@esco)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 31
 
Tincan whats the update bro 1st week down



   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
First few days have been sweet man, hours for me are 6-2:30 anything before or after that is double time. My mechanic is pretty chill so that helps out a lot, just need to keep up with all the time cards and everything else. Also it’s very important to keep everything nice and neat in a folder and have copies of everything.



   
ReplyQuote
(@the-one-true-moo)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 10
 
Nice, good info. Can't lie a little worried now, you were 3 ahead of me but im still 9 according to the girl at the hall. I really wonder if you can get specifically pulled off the list...



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
Probably got pulled because he was close enough t makes sense what are the chances of him ending back at his shop. His company wanted to keep him.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Just called they moved two I’m now 27



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Moo thanks for the response brotha



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61
 
Hey Tincan: Congrats on getting to work. I wanted to ask how much are you expected to know on day one?

Hey True Moo: I’ve always heard that people on the list who “know somebody” can get pulled to work regardless of their rank. Not just with the IUEC but with similar unions/lists. A “it’s not what you know but who you know” kind of thing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@the-one-true-moo)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 10
 
I hate that the nickname was too long, my nickname in real life is Moose....
My buddy said they can't pull on this list, after I get home next week from vacation I'll have to call him... Maybe he can pull me in, would be sweet.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Right on moose



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
Just called 14 on the list. Started at 108



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Did it move? What number were u before 14?



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
I’m not sure if it moved . Everyone’s number seems to be off a bit. If tincan was6 I was 17 at the time and I should of been 11. But when I called I’m 14. Sooo I’m not too sure.



   
ReplyQuote
 Esco
(@esco)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 31
 
Well im 80 now quite a ways down started at 176



   
ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top