Elevator Forum

Local 23 - Portland
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 23 - Portland

23 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
24.4 K Views
(@Soggywater)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rank #26. I hope local 23 is desperate for guys..I know ironworkers are slowing down though and I can’t imagine elevator installers are doing much without us so I’m very skeptical they have much going on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Soggywater
Rank #26. I hope local 23 is desperate for guys..I know ironworkers are slowing down though and I can’t imagine elevator installers are doing much without us so I’m very skeptical they have much going on.

From what I researched online, Oregon doesn't have really much compared to the Seattle area, but just my two cents..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Soggywater)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just called and asked. I was told they took 67 over the last two years. With construction slowing down I would imagine anyone over rank 20 will be waiting more than a year.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FourPoundHammer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called today no hires yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There's still the service department, Mod, open order if the new equipment or construction side slows down. It's rare up here in Seattle but i have heard of guys getting hired and going into everything except New equipment/Construction.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lepchaun415)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When things get slow they move guys out of construction to Mod and service etc. That’s usually when they stop taking on new hires and sending apprentices to the bench.

But it’s busy in Seattle hopeful probies...keep plugging away guys/girls and don’t get discouraged.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah, It's super busy. by the way, Is Portland Busy ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Soggywater)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Saw on Reddit the list is on #6 now.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top